opinions on matrox's donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on matrox's donation

imo this is very good. it seems to dispell some of the myths that have been floating around about the poor financial situation that matrox are in, and could mean that a 'partnership' between the uni and matrox may be created (ie matrox gets the graduates). however we cannot ignore the fact that matrox are making cutbacks in some areas for instance the low end viedo capture market. also matrox have lost a lot of engineers, and they have lost much consumer, and possibly oem support through their inactivity.

still this is the best new we have had for a while (bar haig's little hints )
    Last edited by roadie; 19 January 2002, 04:08.
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Re: opinions on the co owner of matrox donation

Originally posted by roadie
    imo this is very good. it seems to dispell some of the myths that have been floating around about the poor financial situation that matrox are in
    Not Matrox, but Lorne M. Trottier denoted this money, and I think it was his own money not his firm's money... But it might be true, that a privately hold company's owner wouldn't denote such a big amount of money if its company is in trouble.

Comment

The announcement had some info for those that have been curious to discover some of the financials on Matrox ...
      The Matrox group of companies has annual sales of approximately $900 million and it employs more than 1,200 people worldwide.
      P.S. I noticed that the Matrox site states they have over 1,450 employees worldwide.

P.P.S. They also currently have posted five openings for engineers in their Graphics division, at Boca Raton, Florida.
      Last edited by xortam; 19 January 2002, 10:56.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

This is such an old news, I heard about this more than a year ago, maybe even more!!
        -<= Its all about point of view ....
        =>-

Comment

The announcement looks like it was from last Spring but they just had the groundbreaking ceremony last December 17.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I had some spare time and did a search on Google for Lorne Trottier and Branco Matic. I came up with some might-be interesting links.
            Here's the scoop on the Trottier donation:

And here is the top 100 list of rich people in Canada (in 2001 I think). Trottier and Matic are ranked 87. and 88. with $300 million (Canadian?) each.

Comment

GeForce 256 SDR, GeForce 256 DDR, GeForce 2 MX SDR, GeForce 2 MX DDR, GeForce 2 GTS, GeForce 2 MX200, GeForce 2 MX400, GeForce 2 Pro, GeForce 2 GTS Ti200, GeForce 2 GTS Ti450, GeForce 2 GTS Ti500, GeForce 2 Ultra, GeForce 3, GeForce 3 Ti200, GeForce 3 Ti500, GeForce 4 MX420, GeForce 4 MX440, GeForce 4 MX460, GeForce 4 Ti4200, GeForce 4 Ti4400 and GeForce 4 Ti4600 plus the Quadros and Go's. Did I forget something?
              or for the more knowledgable computer user:
              GF1, GF2, GF3 and not quite yet: GF4
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

You forgot Gainwards Geforce3 Ti550 model...

What a mess of products no. Only today they released 6(!) new models.

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                  What a mess of products no. Only today they released 6(!) new models.
                  And if you look @ the .inf file of the driver you can see more fun coming:

NVIDIA Quadro4 500XGL
                  NVIDIA Quadro4 200/400NVS
                  NVIDIA Quadro4 550XGL
                  NVIDIA Quadro4 900XGL
                  NVIDIA Quadro4 750XGL
                  NVIDIA Quadro4 700XGL

Yuck!

Comment

How many quadros can you have...

Comment

Working...
                    X