No announcement yet.

Millennium G550 Dual-DVI and usb tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium G550 Dual-DVI and usb tuner?

Planning on purchasing the Millennium G550 Dual-DVI card and a usb tuner (from ATI or HAUPPAUGE). Would there be any potential problems?

This would be my first Matrox card. I have never experienced Matrox's DualHead technology.

What about the rumors about Matrox going out of business in the future?

As far as G550 working with a Haupage card, i don't think there are any issues. You might want to check in our Desktop Video forum to be sure.

As far as Matrox going out of buiz....I don't think this will happen any time soon. They have been going strong for 25+ years, and though they don't currently have a "gaming" card on the market, they are still going strong in their market segment (office, 2D CAD, etc.)...

BTW...welcome to MURC
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the info

I heard about Matrox cards from my friends who do video editing for a living but never really cared to find out until now.

Plan on purchasing the G550 card after some more reading. I hear the drivers from Matrox are great.

Does anyone know if there are any problems with Matrox cards in Dell computers? I got the Dimension 8100 using Windows 2000 workstation. Matrox has cards in some Dell workstations right?

<<<ATI is a great company but I just returned the ATI 8500DV after a week of troubleshooting and blurry screen>>>

Comment

Working...
      X