GeForce4 info slips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce4 info slips.

Looks like nVidia is readying the next GeForce.

I wonder if the rumored Parhelia will be able to compete? Or will even be out in time to compete before the GeForce5 comes out.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Maybe the question to ask is will the GeForce 4 be able to compete and not vice versa, now there's a thought. Erm speaking from a theoretical standpoint of course.

Comment

Version 4.0

DirectX 4...Windows 4...IE4...

2 weren't released, the other was crap.

Voodoo 4. Major downfall for Mr 3dfx.

GF4...who knows?
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Ant, it sounds like you have very high expectations on the new chip from M, considering what I've seen in your posts lately.

Comment

"2 weren't released, the other was crap"

Do you honestly feel that way about IE4?
          At the release of IE4 the browser war was won - the competition, at the time Netscape couldn't hold a candle to the latest offering from MS.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Well Novdid, perhaps Ant also know something more than us...

If Matrox wants to get the right moment, the should annonce their chip in february to, just like nVidia & ATI

And in march they are going to GDC and E3 in may

Comment

i think they will release the card when dx9 has been released, i mean; we know(?) it will have displacement mapping.
              we know displacement mapping isn´t in dx8.1.
              so it must be a dx9 card, therefore it would make sense to release it when dx9 is released.
              This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I do hope Ant knows more than we do... Then again I hope he does not because he has made some pleads towards Matrox as if he knew that they are still concentrating on the business market.
                The R300 and GF4 seem not to include anything too spectacular... If one would have a somewhat faster solution one could probably be the fastest thing on the market for a couple of months, but that would probably mean that the card would not be fully DX9 compliant.
                It does seem that the competition is tightening after the release of DX9 though. NV30 and R400 might be different stories altogether, and one shouldn't fully count out PowerVR, VIA or even the Bitb...nah, what am I saying

Comment

Anyone know the scheduled release date for DX9?

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Edit: Sorry...
                    Last edited by atko; 24 January 2002, 11:27.

Comment

For the first time in a quite long run I tend to believe that Matrox really might have something interesting. The accumulation of Haigs posts here in this forums in the last few weeks and the sudden appearance of other Matrox employees could mean something ...hopefully...
                      Last edited by Indiana; 19 January 2002, 07:45.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

uk magazine pc pro is advertising a first preview of the new card in their next edition which is on sale in the 3rd week of feb but it will probably hit the web reveiwers before that. at any rate it must mean that pc pro have their hands on one now!
                        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                          uk magazine pc pro is advertising a first preview of the new card in their next edition which is on sale in the 3rd week of feb but it will probably hit the web reveiwers before that. at any rate it must mean that pc pro have their hands on one now!
                          "new card"? GF4 or matrox???
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

If it is a Matrox card, please post where you got your information from, couldn't find it on www.pcpro.co.uk...

Thx
                            main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

sorry i was'nt clear its an nvidia(gf4)
                              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                              X