Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualDub & Ulead MSP

Hiya,

I'm using VirtualDub and MSP together for the moment: filtering in VD and then playing back the AVIs in MSP (cutlist previewing).
    I've got a RR-G with a dual-head G400.

I've noticed two things: when I've saved an AVI (filtered) in VDub, I need to close the
    program and THEN open MSP - otherwise I don't get a video signal out from the VCR to the TV! Anybody know why this is happening? It's as if VDub grabs command over the second display (the VCR->TV) and MSP can't get it back until VDub has been closed and MSP re-opened.

Second thing: are there any tips on what
    values to choose for the memory and disk buffer sizes? I've got somewhat jittery playback from MSP using cutlist previewing.
    I've already done the best I can as far as setting the temp directory etc.

AdrianSchubert:
    I believe that VirtualDub, when open, grabs the video overlay buffer so it can use it for faster playback. From what I can tell DVDMax and the rest just clones whatever is in the overlay buffer, which would explain why MSP cannot grab it when VirtualDub is open. (I notice if I open up editing software with MJPEGs BEFORE I open PC_VCR I can't get it open properly either, and I have a Marvel G200)
    As for memory & disk buffer... Can't help you there.

Comment

Working...
    X