Problem with Office XP and Win2000 and some other problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Office XP and Win2000 and some other problems

A guy I know has a laptop with Windows 2000 and Office XP installed. Office XP used to work, but now everytime we try to open Word, Excel, and anything else dealing with XP it will say "This Operating System is not configured to run this application" or something to that extent. At first I thought maybe Office XP isn't compatible, but he used it before it started doing this. He can't reinstall because the CDs are at home (we are at college). There are a couple other things I'm gonna try, but I thought I might post this in case what I try doesn't work.

Another problem he has is that Win2000 will randomly crash once in a while with the closing in 60 seconds dialog box opening, but then it freezes at 59 seconds. Things still work in the background and apps can be used but anything involving explorer is frozen.

One last problem is that explorer will crash and reload whenever I try to use search for files. Oh, system restore doesn't work either - the problems still occur.

I know, I know, it sounds like he needs to reformat and reinstall, but it really isn't an option here.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan
Working...
X