Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark2001 score

HI there,
    I just got my new AMD Duron 1.2G and A7V133, 512MB (PC133) with Matrox G400 16MB SH (not Max).
    The 3DMark2001 score is 1230, is that good for a G400 or not?
    Is G400 Max still good for today's game or not?
    Maybe I should save moeny for something like GeForce 3?

Thanks!!

There is a Benchmark forum you could have checked your score against.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Why dont you just use the gamershq.madionion.com:s ( = 3DMark2001's online scoreboard ) to compare your system against other peoples scores. But If i can remember my score when i had my G400MAX, im pretty sure thats OK for a G400.

Got a Radeon 8500LE and now my score is 7564 with 1.2G TB@1.39(12.5x111) + Abit KT7 (KT133) + WinXP + Radeon 8500LE(285/295).

PeTe

Comment

i would say that that score is a little low, as i scored 1416 with a cpu allmost half as slow and a g400 max. however the 16mb of your card is probably holding you back.

i find that the g400 max cannot play the newest games at 1024*768 and high detail levels, but q3 is perfect at that rez and medium detail levels.

if i were you i would either buy a radeon 8500 or wait for matrox's next competitive product
        Dell Inspiron 8200
        Pentium4m 1.6
        640mb pc2100
        64mb gf440go
        15" uxga ultrasharp
        40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

I'm getting 3182 with my KyroII, but Madonion needs to get off their asses and release the patch they've been promising us. That should get me to 4500+.
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Do you want a patch to raise the marks on a synthetic benchmarking program?

Comment

Once again, there is a <B>benchmark forum</B> to discuss this. I don't go to that forum b/c I don't care to read that stuff. Please take it out of here.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oh, whaa whaa whaa.
                Things have been quiet here, so I left this thread here.
                BUT, since so many people have cried to me about it (in this thread, and over ICQ)...
                Moved to Benchmarks forum.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hohohooh, wombat dont want to read about benchmarks, but still he would choose to read a thread "3DMark2001 score". And then whine about it beeing in the wrong place.

Btw, do you REALLY think that ANYONE would have read this thread if it was in the Benchmark-forum ? Guessing no-one will read my reply either so fu*k it.

PeTe

Comment

ym99:

What resolution and how many colors? Z-bit=32?

Can you post config so that I may try it and I'll give you mine score...

Comment

alec, i think k6-III was referering to this bug:

it is probably a safe bet that this bug affect the score.
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

But not that much. The Kyro 2 will never be able to score around 4500, well maybe if you OC to 250/250 and run it with the baddest CPU out there.

Either way, K6 III's score is indeed still very impressive.

Comment

yeah! I have a kyro2 too and my score is 25xx(iirc) which is about the same as a gf2 mx200, however with the patch i would expect it to atleast reach gf2mx400 scores.
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
                          X