Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI to Leave the European Retail-Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI to Leave the European Retail-Market?

According to our sources, ATI will stop selling its own graphics cards in Europe in the near future. ATI’s own graphics cards will be first of all replaced by solutions from Hercules, which has an exclusive agreement with ATI. it says that Hercules will be the exclusive supplier of ALL-IN-WONDER graphics card family, including ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV, in Europe. Moreover, Hercules will also ship the regular graphics cards built on RADEON 8500 chips.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

if it means that hercules will write drivers......
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Thats one helluva feather in ATIs cap. And I'm sure no one would complain if Hercules took a stab at the drivers.

Bart
      Bart

Comment

I think anyone taking a stab at the drivers is an improvement over ATI doing them

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well you surely mean "anyone except CreativeLabs", now don't you?
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Well usually they take the reference one and adapt them, they don't write new drivers, unless I'm mistaking.
            I remember when I had Thriller3D from Hercules, they just took the reference drivers and adapt them, they never wrote one, and when the reference died, the Hercules drivers died too.

BTW since Hercules have been nought by Guillemot , and Guillemot is based in europe , its not so surprising they got the retail contract.
            Athlon64 4800+
            Asus A8N deluxe
            2 gig munchkin ddr 500
            eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
            X-Fi Fatality
            HP w2207

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
              Thats one helluva feather in ATIs cap. And I'm sure no one would complain if Hercules took a stab at the drivers.
              UGH

Hercules basically does repackage reference drivers. Also, they tend to be a bit slow about getting them out the door once the reference drivers have been made available.

Ex.: I have a Hercules GTXP sound card, and while it's working great now, there are several people here in the forums that can tell you exactly how long it took Hercules to actually get the fixed version out after the reference drivers were made available to the manufacturers. (Several cards based on the same DSP chip came out long before Hercules' did)

Pray they do better with ATI hardware.
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Indiana:

ATI...Creative....whatever.

Idiots and morons are generally interchangeable

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X