Haig For President, Speculations, Customer Service, and an Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig For President, Speculations, Customer Service, and an Introduction

Please leave comments here about this editorial found on www.murc.ws.

VigilAnt
    VigilAnt

The guy does so much (monitors both M's offical forum and murc's forum).
    I think the people in charge of matrox are totally focused on corporate desktop and dont care about the comman consumer.
    Haig has gone through a lot of trouble to listen and help people .
    We should push haig down matrox throat till they listen and let him have some input.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I do not eat ghosts...

Comment

Thumbs up! My sentiments EXACTLY....
      Not bad for your first post...

Comment

VigilAnt welcome to Murc.

Thumbs up and cast your vote Haig for President
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I really don't know.

As a consumer, I want Matrox Graphics to continue producing high-quality consumer video cards with decent speed and features, like the ones I've been accustomed to during my 7 years as a Matrox user. If what you wrote is true and nothing is happening there at the moment, this will not be the case.
          But surely as a corporation they must have some kind of plan (please, no "corporate vision statements") how they will go on about their business? I mean, as a corporation they can't just take it day by day and see where they'll find themselves in the evening...can they? Or are their current leaders blind enough to ignore the fact that once in a while, a company needs to show its talent, just to become noticed?
          Now Matrox Graphics has an excellent reputation in making high-quality video adapters. But sadly, this image is constantly fading. For years now, they have not been able to deliver anything that would make the company stand out and make people say "wow, that's a product of Matrox Graphics, the cutting edge in video technology". They can continue on their current path releasing a Gx50 adapter every 1,5 years if they want to, but no-one will buy them. Why? Because more advanced chips from BIG-NAME HIGH-TECH manufacturers like nVidia or ATI are available. Old images don't last forever.

Then there's Haig. The man's obviously got some talent when it comes to organizing things. Then again, if what SteveC said is true, Haig is happy where he is now and doesn't want to climb any further up the corporate ladder. I understand that perfectly, if I were an employee of a company and felt that I've found a position that I enjoy and where I can make myself useful I would do the very same.
          It is also known that executive positions are sometimes "windy", with responsibility comes stress and they tend to take all of your time, not that Haig wouldn't already be working his ass off by patiently replying every whine that finds its way to the Matrox Techical Support Forums. I must also confess that I don't know about Haig's personal affairs. For example, if he's a man with a family then I can understand that he sometimes needs to put his ambition aside.
          It was also (a little tongue-in-cheekishly) presented that Haig is too talented to become a president (or whatever). This may be true. It's good for a person to know what he/she is good at and stick to jobs where one can express one's talents. But with the things continuing the way they are, even Haig might pretty soon find himself without a job. Okay, so good people are always needed elsewhere. And with an employer that makes products like the G550, it must not be very hard to let go.

-Tempest, in one of his darker moods

ps. Welcome, VigilAnt.
          Last edited by Tempest; 12 January 2002, 12:18.

Comment

Hello VigilAnt. Welcome to Murc (even if you have been hiding in the shadows). Your first post was a bit of a corker. Keep up the good work.

Just a question about Vigilants post. Does anyone genuinely believe that anything we do here on MURC is going to have any effect. Remember Caseys post from a few months ago. He stated pretty much of what has just been said here. Asking the incompetants to let the manager of their Tech support division to replace them seems a little naive, unless of course it reaches higher up.
            Anyone know the email accounts of the two *owners* of Matrox?

regards MD
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I can concurr with Tempest his post.

Tempest, be sure they must have a short term and long term plan. Every corporation has them.

And I'm sure that Haig has the job where he can express his talents (as president of Tech support ) and I hope he enjoys his jobs beacause it isn't an easy one.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Hello everyone and thank you for your thoughts.

Here's my take on Haig:

He's obviously an ambitious man, I have yet to see anyone excell at a job where they want to stand still. He already leads tech support, and he has shown the right skills to be on the team that makes the major decisions at Matrox or any hardware company for that matter. I am sure he enjoys helping people and enjoys his job, but I cannot fathom anyone who would wish to stand still and not try to move on to bigger and better challenges. Matrox faces their largest challenge in years, and the only man at Matrox I see fit to face the challenge is he. The challenge is there, so I am confident that he would take it on if given the chance.

Thanks for he responses!

VigilAnt
                VigilAnt

Comment

he's got my vote too

Comment

He has the vote of some 40,000 plus Intel Employees. Last count back in September some 35,000 Intel Employees recieved Home PCs with Matrox G-450's in them.
                    Intel was so impressed with the level of customer support that they included links to the Matrox Customer Support Forums and to MURC to their Home PC Support Web Site.

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

( http://www.intel.com/employee/tips/ohp.htm#mwsoai )

Comment

HEHEHEH!!!!!!
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

LOL "Matrox Users Research Center"!

Comment

Next time it will be ......MOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
                              Anyone know the email accounts of the two *owners* of Matrox?

regards MD
                              If you know the email address of anyone at Matrox, it's not too hard to figure out the owners' addresses. But I as an employee did not receive a response to an email I sent one of the owners a while back, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

Working...
                              X