Multi-Display help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Display help

We have installed a matrox G450 Dualhead under windows 2000, and we are a little discouraged with the options for multi-display.
    What we are looking for is independant resolutions and display settings, (NOT a stretched desktop), like those you would have with the installation of a second video card or a ATI 7100ve (which does not work properly with windows 2000).

Let me give you an example of our problem:
    We are running photoshop on one display, while trying to run a full screen slideshow (ixla explorer or thumbs plus or irfanview) on another. With a dual videocard setup, the slideshow should stay limited to the second display. With the dualhead setup provided by the Matrox G450 drivers (version 5.51), however, the slideshow covers half of each screen.

We have been working on this problem for some time, and have had no success.

Any help you could provide would be wonderful.
    http://www.bigdaddysdigital.com

First of all, have you installed the eDualHead third generation DualHead drivers from the Matrox site?

The eDualHead drivers not only adds some browsing tools but also independent resolutions for both displays under Windows2000.

The news release on eDualHead;

the info on independently sized displays in Win2K is in the 4th paragraph.

The eDualHead page;

The registration/download link is the animated title near the bottom/left.

You should also upgrade to the latest display drivers for your card here;

BEFORE installing the eDualHead drivers and upgrade to IE 5.5.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 January 2002, 18:38.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Goto add/remove programs, select Matrox software, and uninstall. Reboot. When windows detects your video card CLICK CANCEL, once in windows go to where you extracted the drivers and run the setup.exe, during the setup you will get a box that can be checked to add extra dualhead features...CHECK IT, once the setup tells you to reboot, do it. Once back in windows, goto display properties/settings/advanced/dualhead click on multidisplay and then click on multidisplay settings, a window will pop up that gives you two options, select the one that allows the screens to run at different resolutions (even if you intend to run them the same), reboot. Once in windows go back to display properties/settings and select the second monitor in the box by clicking on it, under the box check the box that says "Extend my desktop to this monitor", and you are good to go.

Rags

Comment

You don't need EDualhead to do this. Edualhead is a silly browser enhancement. And you don't need to register jack.

Rags

Comment

Working...
        X