Promise Raid controlers via patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promise Raid controlers via patch

Via have released a patch thats supposed to improve the burst rate of promise raid controllers. You can get them from here.

viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

If you fancy a laugth you can see Gurm struggling to get to terms with this patch over at the forums at viahardware. I won't tell which thread.

Only pulling your leg Gurm.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

No, I'm just struggling to get to terms with the idiots who post without thinking over at via hardware.

Idiot: "This is a great patch! To make sure it installed, make sure that you have viaide.sys as one of the files on your VIA IDE CONTROLLER device!"

Gurm: "What the **** does the via ide controller device have to do with a Promise performance patch?"

Idiot: "Well, it balances out the performance of the VIA IDE CONTROLLER!"

Gurm: "Listen, you little ****wit. Tell me how this affects Promise users NOW, or else shut the **** up!"

Idiot: "Well, if the system uses less resources for the VIA IDE CONTROLLER then there would be more left for other stuff!"

Gurm: "See this? THIS... is my BOOM STICK (tm)!" etc. etc.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I was only kidding.
      I see George says any Promise controller which made my ears prick up. I wait till he gets back on that. Then saying that burst rate won't make a lot of differance.
      I see you also came up across their love of the santa cruz. Something I argued with Roj over becuase there automatic response was throw away your live. I'd rather people try and sort out there problems as I did rather than quitting at the first of many hurdles. I had a worse case Abit that stuffed up your data without a soundcard installed and it took four weeks to stop it doing that. While they are trying to sort out problems hopefully they are learningat the same time.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The confusion is coursed by the name of the file which is included in the via ide drivers supposdly which I don't use so I can't verify it and I ain't going to waste time downloading it unless I'm going to have a sudden burst of speed without screwing my system.
        I'll wait for what george says.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

People are reporting that all of a sudden their Sandra scores are back where they ought to be...

George says that this does some of the same things his patch does, but also seems to give the RAID controller (if it finds one) the extra bus time it deserves.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X