About the Italian Matrox staff Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Italian Matrox staff Interview

Some answers obtained from Italian Matrox Staff, left me a little doubtful.

1) The staff doesn't Know any information about the partnership beetween Matrox and Amiga.

In the web pages of the Matrox web site they canno't find any evidence with regard to this. there is a relation between the two societies, it must be very weak . Who said the phrase "we will transform the 3d finction into 3d reality?" The friends of amigaone are preparing another "bufala"?

2) Someone said: perhaps for the plan of one new Console

3) No relation beetween Matrox and Bitboys. This was confirmed by the bitboys.

I cannot publish the interview because i don't have the permission at this moment.

I'm waiting the e-mail with the complete interview with more and more information.

Haig, We know that you know very more. You must give us more information. The speculations are always speculations like the rumors are often smoke.

Best regards

italian matrox staff ? what are they , 6 ? ... i'm not suprised they don't know anything..
    :::muted:::

Comment

Of course Haig knows more than we do (at least I hope he does)...

But:
      1) He's under NDA, so he isn't allowed to tell much, nor would it be strategically very wise to do so before the release of a product is at hand.
      2) Matrox may not have decided when to release a card (waiting for the right moment) or, in the worst case, whether to release one at all.
      3) Because of the speed with which the graphics industry moves forward and because of reason #2, they may not have decided what features to include on their next product.

So, all we can do is wait, like it or not...

ps. What's a bufala? (My Italian knowledge is limited to si, no, uno, due, tre, quattro stagioni, cinque, forte, andante, piano, ciao, buona notte and testarossa )
      Last edited by Tempest; 11 January 2002, 13:52.

Comment

Sorry folks, I have to plead the fifth on this one.

Haig

Comment

Question for Haig

Can you answer this question:

Will you be able to tell us any information in the near future? For instance, could you tell us if you will be able to talk about anything say....after today but before the middle of Summer?

If that's too detailed then how about telling us something like, "I will be able to talk about something much sooner than later"

hmmm...not sure if those will work but thought I'd try

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hehe,

I can talk freely about a product after its specs are announced.

Haig

Comment

so when are the specs going to be released???

you could use some sort of 'code' ie a for spring, b for summer, c for fall etc

HAIG FOR PRESIDENT!
              Last edited by roadie; 12 January 2002, 06:07.
              Dell Inspiron 8200
              Pentium4m 1.6
              640mb pc2100
              64mb gf440go
              15" uxga ultrasharp
              40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Or of course, Haig can post the relesedate in binary!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
                  Or of course, Haig can post the relesedate in binary!!!!
                  In fact, the release date is already there in binary form, hidden in the latest beta drivers! I won't tell you if it's little-endian or big-endian and/or how it's encoded, you have to find it out yourself! So show a little Matrox User enthusiasm, download the latest beta drivers, grab your favourite hex editor and off you go!
                  Edit: Be sure to tell your boss first... Might take a little longer than you expected.
                  Last edited by Tempest; 12 January 2002, 09:31.

Comment

BUFALA

Hi Tempest,

your italian knowledge include the following?:

pizza, ciao bella, mafia, o sole mio, peperoncino

Bufala = big joke, bluff

i'm sorry but Babelfish doesn't work fine

Ciao.

P.S.

What you think about the parhelia rumors?

Comment

Or, to put it in other words: Bufala = AmigaOne.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Amiga Blitter:
                        Okay, so I know a few more words
                        And now I know bufala too.

About Matrox: I know absolutely nothing, probably less than many of the other MURCers, so I can only tell you what I think. I think that Matrox Graphics definitely has a new, powerful chip design ready or almost ready. I also believe that they are facing problems that are not related so much to their hardware design but to other aspects of the company such as business strategy, financing, employment, production and management.

Comment

Hehe

Originally posted by Tempest
                          In fact, the release date is already there in binary form, hidden in the latest beta drivers! I won't tell you if it's little-endian or big-endian and/or how it's encoded, you have to find it out yourself! So show a little Matrox User enthusiasm, download the latest beta drivers, grab your favourite hex editor and off you go!
                          I have already downloaded and installed those drivers! Why dont you show us that Matrox User enthusiasm, and tell us witch file it is in, and where to find it

Or I'll just get someone in the IT department at work to do some real "work"
                          Last edited by [GDI]Raptor; 12 January 2002, 16:06.

Comment

Working...
                          X