Fasttrak and NTFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasttrak and NTFS

I'm upgrading to Win2000 and wondering if there any benefit to formatting my Fasttrak drives as NTFS. Is it worth it?

Yes. With compliant software you should have no 2 or 4 gig file size limit for your videos.

Just pray your other hardware has Win2K drivers ;-)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Having drivers isn't enough. One needs correctly working drivers and programs which are rather hard to come by at the moment.

I did a 9G (~45 min) firewire capture in MSPro6.0 with my Pyro. Plays back fine in Media Player so the firewire capture seems to be OK. But importing it into the timeline exposes some serious ULEAD bugs once you get beyond the 2GB point. They couldn't have done more than only superficial testing before releasing this as the audio problems on "smart rendered" clips are painfully obvious even to one as casual about audio as I am.

See the previous threads in the forum about the audio "static" problem and audio sync "drift" started by jeff b. Supposedly fixes are being tested.

These problems aren't unique to win2000, but they sure make greater than 2/4 GB files rather useless at present!

--wally.

Comment

Oops!

Forgot to mention that you might find it easer to convert to NTFS rather than reformat from Fat32.

Look for convert.exe in your windows directory. Run in a comand prompt, I think convert /? gives you the options you will need to use.

Worked great for me.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X