The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future

well I just got done checking out the Various threads on the Crystal ball about Matrox and have been thinking...well lets say the summer comes and goes without a new product and Matrox Graphics Consumer end of the busniess goes Tits up (a real possiblitly)...so where does this leave us and more importantly Matroxusers.com?

I know for one that I would miss the knowegele of the various people that visit is forum. All the other computer related sites I visit for the most part seem to be infested with 15 yr old Fan boys that don't even have basic sentance structure down (though I be the first one to admit that I can't spell for a worth of shit), and coming to MURC is a breath of fresh air in this reguard.

So my question is if Matrox desides to put out of the Consumer end of the market...will Ant let the site "die" in a wimper or will there be a Focus shift towards something else?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Nividia Users Resource Centre.
    could work.
    ATI Users Resource Centre.
    sounds good.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I do not eat ghosts...

Comment

TFFKAMURC. But we'd have to change the slogan from "SOON" to "NEVER", which sounds pretty damn depressing to me.

Edit: A focus shift towards...what? There are already plenty of "generic" hardware forums out there, and even some graphics-oriented ones. Of course we could continue to discuss graphics cards from a less gaming-oriented point of view than the other sites, but with a name like MatroxUsers.com, how many new members would there be?
      Last edited by Tempest; 11 January 2002, 07:18.

Comment

Why should the name be changed ? There still are numerous Newton forums, C64 forums, ... Why not just keep the name ?

We should not deny/forget our roots !

Ich bin ein matroxuser !

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

TFFKAMURC nah

Wasn't it: Prince -> TAFKAP -> Prince, so why change the name.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
          X