How fat is your computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fat is your computer?

I was bored tonight (really bored), so I decided to weigh my computer in it's new case. All said and done, it weighed 56 pounds. Check my sig for whats inside.

Anyway, how much do your cases way? Monitors not included.
    P=I^2*R
    Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

I'd say about 50 lb, given that it has dual power supplies, a DVD reader, CD writer, 6 hdd's and several cards;

RT-2000 & G400 Flex
    Fasttrak TX4
    Linksys LNE100TX NIC
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Do I have ta drain my watercooling system first?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

CUT IT OUT.....

I hope that thing springs a leak

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

With or without the 20 extra pounds of DynaMat?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Do any of you have to lug it up and down a few flights of stairs every 3 months?

The down side to living in a college dorm and using a system like mine, and I haven't even brought my new case up yet!
            P=I^2*R
            Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

Comment

I have two different foldup handtrucks that come in handy for moving stuff like my tool cases and of course FAT puters
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Mine's soooo FAT it's on Wheels....LOL

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Paully doesn't play with HotWheels... he plays with FatWheels!

Comment

I haven't weighed my computer, no. And I don't think I am going to shut down, disconnect all that crap, and weigh it just now.

It's heavy as hell (I do have to pick it up occasionally).. but hey! That's not fat, it's muscle!

Comment

my computer became substantialy lighter after I changed Case....

The old one could have witstanded a tank attack...
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think mine has enough radiation shielding to be protected from a nuclear blast in my basement. My old one was built like a brick outhouse, but my new one weighs over twice as much.
                        P=I^2*R

Comment

Assuming the scale is accurate, mine's 32 pounds.

Comment

I don't even have a clue, other than that mine is VERY heavy. It's mostly to do with the Addtronics 7896A full tower case though.. And no, I'm not gonna weigh it. Don't wanna break our household scaled.
                            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600
                            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

20 Kg (44 lbs)

Edit: 1kg=2.204622622lbs
                              Last edited by KeiFront; 12 January 2002, 12:05.
                              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
                              X