Ghost Recon + G400 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Recon + G400 question

Been playing this game a lot lately. Works really well on the G400 except for the smoke effects. Burning tanks look like they have inverted trapezoids coming out of them. Is this just a lmitation of the G400, or am I missing a setting??

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

DITTO

except... G400max

and I get the artifacts from the moving tanks as well... I assume it is the same issue. The tank is fine. It is the smoke and dust that are screwy.

thx in advance for any ideas...

Comment

Same here with a G400 MAX...
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Same here with a G400 on WinXP

Comment

It's an alphablending problem where the zero-colors (transparant part of the texture on a polygon) get messed up. You're seeing the parts of the polygons that normally should be transparant.
          Polys being triangular in nature is why the shapes you see are formed as they are. It's the hidden structure of the smoke that is outlined because of this bug.

I've seen this happen with all drivers since the release of the G400 but only in a couple of games.
          I suspect it's a lowlevel hardware problem that's difficult to remedy and is so seldom that it's too much bother to fix.
          bruce c. sucks

Comment

We're aware of it and it was fixed today, for both G450, G400 and G550. Should be in the final 6.8x and 5.8x drivers,

Regards,
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Just when I had finished perfecting my "shoot through the artifact" technique! Figures...

[imagine my Bigazz Happy Grin here]

Thanx Technical Genius Guys.

Apostle

Ô¿Ô

Comment

Originally posted by wumpie leBeumb
                It's an alphablending problem where the zero-colors (transparant part of the texture on a polygon) get messed up. You're seeing the parts of the polygons that normally should be transparant.
                Polys being triangular in nature is why the shapes you see are formed as they are. It's the hidden structure of the smoke that is outlined because of this bug.

I've seen this happen with all drivers since the release of the G400 but only in a couple of games.
                I suspect it's a lowlevel hardware problem that's difficult to remedy and is so seldom that it's too much bother to fix.
                bruce c. sucks

Comment

Originally posted by R0M
                  We're aware of it and it was fixed today, for both G450, G400 and G550. Should be in the final 6.8x and 5.8x drivers,

Regards,

Holy Crap!!

Now that's service!!!

amish
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Not to be a pain...

Originally posted by R0M

Regards,
                    But is there any idea when these will be available. Matrox.com is going to think they are getting a ton of hits to there site... but it is just me checking for a new driver release. lol

Just asking... thanks,

Apostle
                    Ô¿Ô

Comment

Working...
                    X