Anyone wanna guess at the Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna guess at the Name?

The only thing we know for certain is that it wont be called a G800, since the G550 gets reported in sisoft Sandra as that.

I would believe that Matrox would still use the Millennium Name, but how are they gonna differenate the models? G1000 doesn't have ring to it....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

since the G550 gets reported in sisoft Sandra as that
    I guess you found a bug in Sisoft Sandra .

Maybe G800 XP or something, everything gets called XP nowadays. Maybe we even get a performance rating
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I hope it is not called G something... I think G -series has served well and it would be time put that name retirement.

because core is something totally new, I'll hope that name will be too. Of course boards could be named Mystique and Millenium just for the classical reasons...
      "Dippadai"

Comment

neXt Millennium m3d+

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
          I guess you found a bug in Sisoft Sandra .
          It is not a bug. I know that for sure. G550 really is stripped down version of G800 and because G800 never came out as was planned, Matrox used same ID for G550 without changing it.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

TCFHAG-800 ?

(The Chipset Formerly Hyped As G800)

Euhm, no traces or unknown names yet in the latest drivers ?

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

projects codename is "Parhelia".

come on, forget those codename Condor II rumours. G800 isn't coming anymore.

this is something brand new! nothing to do with old G-series.
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1

It is not a bug. I know that for sure. G550 really is stripped down version of G800 and because G800 never came out as was planned, Matrox used same ID for G550 without changing it.
                I know that Nappe1, look http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...ht=sandra+g800
                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

i bet it won´t be called "productiva", marvel or mystique.
                  i think it will be called "matrox millenium "something" dualhead (max?)"
                  they have used the millenium name for sometime now, and i think they will stick to it.
                  the "something" will contain a four digit number, because they will use the tech in multiple generations(four digits is trendy, look at the competition), and it will contain 1 or 3 letters, and it won´t be "G" or "mga".
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Just curious:
                    Why did they name the G-series G ? Was G short for something ? Perhaps this way we can guess what the new one will be called...

On the matrox-website is a style guide for writers and editors. It only shows that every current product begins with Matrox (and every recent consumer product with Millenium).

Jörg

(edited for faulty link)
                    Last edited by VJ; 10 January 2002, 08:30.
                    pixar

Comment

TdB

I think someone with photoshop-skills should make some fake photos of boxes, and hint to them in various forums, to start some rumors

Comment

G = Graphics (i think)
                        RT = Real Time
                        etc.

Comment

WOOHOOO!!!

IM A MURCer

Comment

Link is dead Jörg.

Comment

It should work now... This is the link :

Jörg
                              pixar

Comment

Working...
                              X