DVD player resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD player resolutions

Is there some way to get matrox's dvd player to run on a true color 1600x1200 screen? Even in a subwindow.

Unless I reduce the resolution down to 1024x768 I get the message:

"The current resolution and color depth is using too much memory to create a video overlay surface and preventing DVD playback"

32mb on a G400max should be more than enough memory to do this. It was on a Diamond Viper V500.

Any info/suggestions would be very welcome.
    I only really use 1600x1200 resolution so if I can't do this their whole dvd system is useless to me.

thanks

steve

It CAN be done but you probably wont like the method. Its easy to do, first put down the res to something that the dvd player will start. then once its going bump up the res back to 1600x1200. this works but there is a bug, the window has to be a ceartian size or bigger or else the picture is jumpy and all corrupted. As far as i know this is the only way to do it. there may be some registry hack or something i dont know of.

______ ________
    Andrew Krynicky

Comment

well, I tried changing the resolution but I get the same message from the DVD player. The screen comes up yellow with black diagonals when I change back to 1600x1200.

I tried this with quite a few combinations of scren size as well.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X