Was there an offer on RT2000 in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there an offer on RT2000 in UK?

A while ago US customers were emailed by Matrox offering them a swap for their G400 marvel for a RT2000 or was it the RT2500. They sent their old g400 marvel back to Matrox and $125 dollars and got the RT card.

The reason for this was because Matrox said they werent supporting 2k with the Marvel. SO to get the offer you had to say you were a: US based b: Using 2k and c: a g400 owner who could return their card.

Now, my question is this. Did this offer ever come to the UK? The massive saving on the card sounded nice.

Was the offer any good, was the card they were giving out any good. Should we be asking for this offer in the UK, or has this been done already?

If not, why are US customers being treated better than UK?

Hehe... and any rants anyone else has please feel free to add.

What with all the joining 2gb files together trouble I get, I would like to go to a card that doesnt have that trouble. Would I be right in saying the RT doesnt suffer 2 or 4 gb file limits and can playback hours of video with no troubles?

Matrox made several trade in offers for disgruntled Marvel G200/G400 and Rainbow Runner-G owners after the fiasco, sorry their announcement that they were not going to support these cards under Windows 2000 with full MJPEG capabilities as they had promised. You are quite right in that one of the offers was a trade in for a RT2500, $125 rebate, and was only open to North American residents. I have no idea why this was the case, may be Haig can fill us in? You can view the Matrox press release on this in the archives, scroll down to July 12.

Comment

Intially, the RT portion of the rebate offer was for NA residents only due to shipping red tape.

That was sorted out within 2 weeks of the rebate announcement and then the RT offer was available world wide.

Haig

Comment

Working...
      X