Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titles

Hi,

I am currently using Title Expess RT with Premiere 6 and my RT2000. Although it's "okay", I'm not that impressed by it - it can be a pain in the ass at times and has been know to crash Premiere.

What other solutions / plug-ins are there? RT is prefered, but if I must render the so be it.

Thanks,

Rob.

Have alook at this site.

Drive business growth with our innovative, data-driven marketing solutions tailored for the digital age. Stay competitive and maximize ROI. Discover more today!
    paulw

Comment

You can upgrade from TitleExpress to TitleMotion 4.2 for $295 USD. It's very, very good and stable on my system, but then so is TE.

info page: http://www.titlemotion.com/products/tm42/summary.html

purchase page: http://www.inscriber.com/buy/tmfull.html

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the replies... Just looking now...

Rob.

Comment

Hi,

This may be shot down quick, but it's worth sharing. Have you ever tried Cool3D 3.5? For an inexpensive package, it can do a lot of title work and fx (speaking of which, have you seen AlamDV2?) easily. Using it with MSP6.5's filters and similar, one can create a nice title set.

Comment

You won't be shot down by me!!

I use Cool3D 3.5 all the time, and it's particularly useful with MSPro 6.5 since it's project files can be put right on the timeline and rendered with the video. LOVE IT, and the price is sure right.

AlamDV it likewise a very cool program if you want to do fancy stuff like lightsabers, lightning and fancy glow & lighting effects. A bit of a learning curve, but the price is quite reasonable for what it can do.

Now...what we *really* need is for Matrox Video guys to get off their arses and give us an RT-2x00 plugin for MediaStudio Pro. They've had the MSPro realtime SDK for some time, but have been sitting on it.

This is unfortunate since MSPro is more stable than Premiere and faster at rendering about anything you shoot through it because of its SSE2 and 3DNow+ support.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 January 2002, 08:09.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Andrew: Never tried Cool3D v3.5 - I have v2.5 which came with my RT2000. I will download the trial tonight and have a play - thanks for the tip. Never seen or heard of AlamDV, but I'll look it up later.

Doc: The ability to use the RT2x00 with something other than Premiere would be good, however until MSP can write segmented AVI's or has an AVISynth export plug-in I'll stick with Premiere. I assume from your statement that Ulead are meant to be looking at a MSP plug-in?

Comment

Here is the site for AlamDV:
                Website traffic is the lifeblood of online businesses and content creators. When a website experiences a sudden drop in traffic following a core algorithm update can be a source of great concern and frustration.

Download some of the demos. Some of them are pretty "cool."

Comment

It's not Uleads job to make an RT-2x00 plugin, it's MATROX's!! Ulead has already provided them with the RT SDK they need to do it. It's up to Matrox to USE THE DAMN THING.

As far as the AVISynth style plugin goes, there Ulead is at fault. The upside is that they are now talking the idea of an open source SDK seriously. What's at issue is shaking loose people from money-making projects to do it, and therefore its timing. My guess is that it won't happen until after the MSPro 7 beta because of the full plate they have at the moment. Yes, this means they have more than just MSPro 7 in the works, but the details are not for public discussion

As for the plugin itself, that would have to be undertaken by some MSPro oriented code-head somewhere. I'm sure we can find someone.

As far as creating segmented files, I put that one into the MSPro 7 feature request list months ago, right after we finished the MSPro 6.5 beta in fact.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 January 2002, 13:24.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc,

I was in a hurry to go and have my tea when I wrote the last post and TBH I meant Matrox, not Ulead.... Whoops - must be more careful in the future.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
                    X