Secondary Monitor not working (G450)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Monitor not working (G450)

I am using an old 17" Apple Multiple Scan monitor & a 21" Dell Monitor with a G450 dual-head card.

The Apple monitor works fine when used as the main monitor with the Dell as the secondary monitor when dual-head is enabled.

However, when I switch the monitor cables to using the Apple monitor as a secondary monitor & the Dell as the main monitor, nothing happens on the Apple & it remains blank, while the Dell works fine as the primary monitor.

I'm using Windows 2000 on a P4 1.5ghz with 512 mb RAM

Any suggestions as to why this problem occurs??

rgrds

Aleur

Is the Apple monitor DDC compliant? Is it capable of handling the signal that's driving it?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

hmmm... I guess it is, cos I have'nt had any problems with systems recognising it before.
      I t just does'nt come on when I want to use it as my secondary monitor.

Could the cause be possibly that it is not DDC compliant??

Aleur

Comment

Before switching monitors try setting the resolution on your second head to 800x600, the card is probably overdriving the monitor thinking the 21" is still there.

Comment

exactly
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Make sure you have the correct monitor devices installed. You may need to check with Apple to get the correct .inf file for that monitor (I only see the Apple 850 included in my W2KAS install). Reboot your system after swapping heads.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X