Release the Kyro 1/2 patch for 3dMark2001 NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release the Kyro 1/2 patch for 3dMark2001 NOW

Albert Astals Cid has posted up a petition to get Mad Onion to release the Kyro specific rendering update for 3D Mark 2001 (The High Detail lobby test renders everything, which both looks wierd & lowers the score).
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Guru are you wanting MadOnion to go legit?

if so.... Bwahahahahahahaa
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

While they're at it can they release a patch that will help the G400??

amish
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Man, who cares about 3dmark2001? The only game that could remotly be afected is Max Payne (it suposedly uses the same engine) runs like a charm on the KyroII.

I still havenĀ“t find the need to upgrade the video card since I got the KyroII. Even Aquanox runs surprinsingly well on the KyroII. RTCW also runs just fine. All of this at 1024x768x32, naturally...

So almost after a year past after the KyroII release, 3dmark is the only thing that runs like poo. So be it. Again, who cares.

Comment

i wonder if the kyro2 would receive better reviews, if the patch was released as soon as the fix was found.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

The Kyro2's only weaknesses are games that are poorly programmed. Anything that locks the framebuffer and tries to draw to it (notable recent addition is Pool Of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor) will of course run at like 4fps, because of tile-based rendering.

I have very little to be unhappy about with the Kyro2. My only complaint was that for a while it wasn't getting along with 2D video playback on my system. A BIOS update, reinstall, and tweak of memory settings seems to have cured it (well within my 10 days to return this GeForce, too!) compeletely.

And RTCW rocks on the Kyro2. Maybe it would rock even more on a GeFart, but who cares? 30-40fps (minimum) is plenty for me at 1024x768 with everything turned on. *shrug*

Until the next Matrox card arrives (*cough*anytimenow*cough*) I'll keep this Kyro2. Happy happy.

One last thought - any ol' day now the new drivers series will appear, which will FINALLY accelerate WinXP functions on this card, which ought to make the last naysayers pretty happy.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X