Help with Kyro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Kyro II

OK, I just bought a 3d Prophet 4500 64MB TV out and am having problems in games. I have just bought NBA Live 2001 and ghost recon and regularly get CTD's, lockups and complete system crashes. Im installed the 1.093 drivers and it hasn't solved the problem.
    My system specs are:
    Athlon 1.2
    Gigabyte 7ZX-H MoBo
    256 MB RAM
    3D Prophet 4500
    Running Windows XP
    DX 8.1

Any help with solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers installed? I don´t know much about that card, but VIA drivers might have something to do with your problem.

Also check if there are no remains of your previous video card´s drivers in your system.
    Last edited by Alec; 6 January 2002, 21:16.

Comment

I have 3 friends running Kyro II's. 2 on Win2k, and 1 on Win 98. We play Gost Recon all the time without any problems.

I would go with Alec's suggestions...
      amish
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Thanks guys. Im downloading the 4 in 1 drivers and the AGP drivers (as someone has suggested in kyro II forums) and ill see whether this fixes problem.

Comment

The Kyro.

Cool. I have been trying for the last fours months to get my Kyro working on my system. Hopefully the latest via 4in1 will sort your problem.

Personally I am going to replace it as soon as I can. Annoying my mate has one in his PC and it loves it.

One thing that is a bit worrying especially after some of the posts that have been in the forum (some I have been in) they seem to have closed the forum down.

I think it was becoming a little obvious that there are quite a few Kyro users that are just not having any luck.

Good luck Dude, I really hope you get eveything working.

Comment

The issue with the Kyro is that either you have major issues with it or it works flawlessly.

Me, I can't use mine. Love the card, nice and fast, but... I get corruption in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (once again, not something many other people see) and slowdowns in Quicktime (very bizarre).

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I don't get the same errors, suprise suprise but I know what you mean. No one in the Herc forum was able to help and now it gone.

I have a sort of love hate relationship with it. I did really only buy it as a stop gap tough so I can't be too hard on it.

Comment

Working...
              X