Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MAX and AGP bus speed problems

Hi!

I have a Matrox G400 MAX combined with an Athlon 1600+ fitted on a EpoX 8KHA+ motherboard wich will not run at 4X (agp bus speed). In fact I ain't even able to set the speed on the motherboard at any higher rate then 2X. Both the motherboard and the graphics card should support 4X according to Matrox and EpoX official homepages. The serial# for the card is FAP37897 if that is to any help.

Hjälp tack! Hilfe bitte! Please help!

--Erik
    Last edited by saul; 6 January 2002, 10:18.
    General Hummel, Alcatraz, Over and out!

Are you sure you have a AGP 4x version of the card? Check the product # on the card if it's AGP4x capable it has a '4a in the #
    -ie. -G4+MMDH4A32GR - is 4X
    -and -G4+MMDHA32GR - is 2X
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

And so was that problem solved.

DAMN!

How big performance loss will this give me!?

--Erik
      General Hummel, Alcatraz, Over and out!

Comment

Very small, or none at all. As of now there are no games that will really benefit from the higher AGP speed.

Comment

No performance loss in real terms - anyone who's tried using AGP texture memory for 'real-time' usage in games will tell ya it's not worth it Maybe when 8x is released it will be, but by then all vid cards will have 64/128MB on board so the need is depreciated!
          Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Working...
          X