blue orb - how to fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue orb - how to fit?

hey guys, some of you i believe are using the thermaltake blue orb on the g400max, but i'm facing some problems. if i fit the fan on the g400max, i can't get it to sit into the agp slot fully... there are some pesky capacitors sitting RIGHT where the fan should fit... any suggestions? i'm using an abit kt7a...

Got a pair of pliers handy?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

greebe! not you!

thought someone else would be more appropriate to suggest that pull-out-the-capacitors trick....

anyway, i've slopped on arctic silver 2 for the heatsink paste, still using the default aavid fan that came default...

Comment

I think the general opinion of orbs is that they generally suck =P

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I found the tennmax lasagna small but highly efficient for my max!

Comment

wonder where in singapore i can find them. sigh. must wait for mass order again....

Comment

I use the orginal fan with Arctic Silver on, and on the memory, RAM ribs with thermail glue. My MAX is not so much oc'ed though!!

Comment

hmm! another fellow SCSI user! specifically, U160!

Comment

Yes, SCSI rocks!!! :-) Specialy U160 :-)

1x IBM UltraStar 73LZX 36Gb
                  1x Seagate Cheetah X15 18,4Gb
                  2x IBM UltraStar 36LZ 18Gb

Plextor UltrapleX 40x SCSI CD-ROM
                  Plextor PleXwriter 12/10/40 SCSI CD-RW w/"Burn-Proof"

Comment

know this is getting out of context, but how much did you get your 73lzx for? damned! you have soooooo much U160 storage! i'm GREEN with envy! lol... anyway i might be picking up a second hand 29160 for SGD 200 (about USD110) this weekend. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                      I think the general opinion of orbs is that they generally suck =P

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...ighlight=blorb
                      don't they have internet workshops for making candle holders from them?

Comment

SCSI

Hello sehsuan

Got my 73LZX for about 3500 NOK (400$)

AHA 29160 is a very good card, wath's the difference between 29160 & 19160??

My Seagate disk is prety fast... something else than 7200rpm IDE......

Comment

you're a dirty friggin' bastard... lol... for now that is. not until i get my hands on that 29160. the difference between the 19160 and 29160 is in that the 29160 uses a 64 bit pci interface and has more connectors onboard. other than that there's nothing much else different.

but one thing to take note is that though the 29160 is a server card, it only takes up to 15 more devices, which limits it to the same things as the 19160. it's single channel, in other words. if you REALLY wanted to run a full blown server card, you gotta go for the 39160. that mofo of a card has dual U160 channels on a 64bit pci interface!!!

Comment

Yes, I belive we use the 39160 in a server at work, we also use SCSI RAID5, but my 29160 has no 64-bit PCI slot, I have a standard 32-bit version! I can se on the updated pricelist form our importer that you can get the card in both 64 & 32-bit versions!

Before i got the 29160 i had a AHA-2940U2W, a very good card! It's in my office workstation now

Comment

the damned bastard who was supposed to sell me the 29160 sold it off for the same price to another person for the same price i offered him. bloody hell....

anyway, instead i bought two autoart car models - one of the mitsubishi lancer evo vi (blue) and the other of the nissan skyline gt-r r34 for 120 singapore dollars... =)

Comment

Working...
                              X