Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a DH G450 PCI?

Hi,

I currently use a G450 AGP at work for CAD (AutoCAD) and general office stuff, plus some other graphics work. I am using Win2k with 2 x 17" monitors.

Anyway (lets get to the point) we have some older machines which could benefit from a graphics card upgrade, but they don't have AGP.

I was wondering if anyone here using the G450 PCI and could comment in it's performance as a 2D card. Do you get two independant displays with Win2k using the PCI version of the card?

Any comments or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Rob.

PCI version of G450 works same in every respect (featurewise) as AGP conterpart. It's a bit slower, but otherwise great for 2D stuff. Yes, you do get two independent desktops in Win2000/XP.
    Make sure you read warnings about it and non-Intel chipsets on Matrox web site.

Comment

Do you mind posting the link? I checked Matrox's site and couldn't find any info.

I'm having issues with a 400Max on a ServerWorks HE-SL chipset motherboard. Maybe this is the issue that is causing it to crash all the time. I put back the original GeForce 3 and it works like champ. I would love to get the 400max working in the box though as the 2D is that much better on Matrox side

Comment

Originally posted by chefwong
        Do you mind posting the link? I checked Matrox's site and couldn't find any info.
        http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mgaf...1000&SUBMIT=Go

Comment

Working...
        X