No announcement yet.

Sonic Foundry Vegas Video--be careful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Foundry Vegas Video--be careful!

If you're running MSPro you might want to be very careful installing Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video.

It installs some beta audio codecs that could cause MSPro to crash when starting up. It crashed on me about 80% of the time until Vegas Video was un-installed. Then MSPro6 worked fine.

So far I have only seen this happen with MSPro6 as I have not yet installed it on a system with MSPro 5.2.

The problem seems to be a stack overflow.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 17 April 2000).]

Hi Doc,

So far, I haven't had that happen yet on my system. I noticed right away that there was all that Sonic Foundry stuff loading at VEditor startup, but thought nothing of it over the last few days of work on a project that I've been doing in MSP6. Running as before, so far.

BTW, have you seen anywhere how much VVideo is going to be selling for? I haven't quite figured where they're trying to position themselves with this product. It's obviously not 'entry level', but how far up do you think they're trying to shoot here?

Comment

I haven't figured this one out yet either, but it's ripe for specualtion ;-)

As mentioned in the other post on Vegas the full versions of Sonic Foundry products are usually fairly expensive.

That won't wash in the video editing market as both Premiere and MSPro can be had below their typical full version price.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 18 April 2000).]

Comment

Vegas Video US pricing is $699.00. Called here direct with customer service. Release date late May 2000.

Comment

Aaaargh! Gag me with a floor safe!

I'm assuming that instead of selling thousands of these software packages for a competitive price, they only want to sell hundreds...

Comment

Working...
          X