Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! OpenGL and counter-strike won't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! OpenGL and counter-strike won't work.

The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card.
    I don't like that statement. Shitty counter-strike is lying!

So, anyone know a way to solve this?

My spec:

Windows XP Pro
    Matrox G400MAX (latest drivers)

A7V266-E
    2*256MB DDR Cas2 OCZ
    Athlon XP 1800+

any good ideas?

Somebody just had this problem.

Is this an upgraded system, or a fresh XP install? If it's an upgrade, make sure you don't have the TurboGL driver in HL, or your config files tweaked.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hi.

What is turbogl drivers? Is there any?

I have tweaked my config files in counter-strike. Does it mean I can't tweak anything?

Comment

I think you should give more info on things such as:
        when did you start getting this proble? Spontanious? after installing XP? Did you make any changes prior to prbolem?

"What is turbogl drivers? Is there any?"
        obviously there is since wombat just said there was. they make your games run better...duh...

Comment

Ensure you've upgraded to the very latest version of CS.
          Also make sure you don't have any drivers from old video cards hanging about on your system.

Comment

Hi and thanx for your replies.

I don't know when I got the problems. I update my system very frequently, both OS and hardware and programs.

I reflached BIOS on G400Max and it started to work... Very strange indeed. But every now and then i get the same error message.

So, if I try to start CS, latest version or else you are not allowed to play, I can get it to work every fifth try.
            1:st. "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."
            2:nd. "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."
            3:th. "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."
            4:th. "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."
            5:th Game starts...

I do nothing else then try to start game.

I get random hangups in game to, it frezes and sound hangs and starts looping.

I am using 5.72 drivers for XP. The latest did not work at all. Only "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card." message. No CS at all

There is NO other problem with my computer, no problems with other programs. I do play other... RTCW works great!

Comment

Wow, lucky you.
              For me it wasn't so lucky. After I upgraded to XP I lost my OpenGL in everything. I can't use it with Cinema4D or in HAlf-Life: Counter-Strike. RTCW does not work, nor does Soldier of Fortune.

I think I am going to have to buy a GeForce3 w/ Personal Cinema so I can return to a normal working system.

Have any of you gotten a Marvel G400TV's OpenGL to work in Windows XP Professional?
              <b>irc.foozone.net</b> port <b>6667 #Anime</b>

Comment

I think it works now...

Force AGPx1... And you HAVE to be logged in as Administrator (not power user)...

Played it for one hour yesterday. I will give it a try for a couple hours more and report how it went. (still not sure it works all the way)

Comment

Yep it worked! Problems solved!

Now i have another problem... Gonna fix that to

Comment

Working...
                  X