It's SNOWING!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's SNOWING!!!!!

After mother nature taunted me for two weeks with light flurries that never stuck, it finally snowed last night!!! Of course, it wasn't a big snowfall...you can still see the grass. But there is that thin layer on the ground. The streets are white...

I'm so happy :_)

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

For the first time in many a year we've got snow lying for a week now. Not a lot but it's not melting. I ain't surprised it hasn't melted today becuase the temperature hasn't got above freezing.
    Funny thing the weather forecast says it's getting warmer and were already down to last nights min. They also say it's windy and there isn't a breath of wind.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I had to drive 1880 km(round trip) over the coastal and magnificent Rocky mountains to get snow. Went to Calgary over the holidays, to visit relatives. They had snow there. And lots in the passes. But it is highs of 12C and lows of 4C here. Stinkin rain
      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Events such as these really make you wonder... why the hell didn't I buy the snow tyres?
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Well it's so rare for snow to lie a day here nowadays theres no need for snow tyres. By the time you've swapped the wheels over it will have melted.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You would think we'd have tons of snow here in Toronto, but we have received barely an inch so far, and it's all melted. Almost directly south of here, right across lake ontario (96 KM/60 Miles as the crow flies), lies Buffalo, NY. They got over 7 FEET of snow in just a couple of days over the holidays, and we got JACK SQUAT. What's up with that? We even had to send about 30 snow removal vehicles down to Buffalo to help them dig out. I wanna go skiing, but we ain't got no snow!

Actually, now that the temperature has dropped slightly below freezing, they're making artificial snow up at the ski hills, but it's just not the same.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

In the Victorian Alps they had snow the other day - apparently they get snow in summer every 2 or 3 years. Of course there wasn't much of it - only barely enough to cover the ground.

Stupid thing is that here in Brisbane (over 1500kms north) we're had 36C yesterday - 7 above average. Strange that we're getting a heatwave (and so is Sydney, with its bushfires raging) and yet they get SNOW!
              <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Well here in southern Sweden we almost never get snow, the winters are quite mild here...BUT this year we have gotten lots of it, a whole 20-30 cm , it haven't been this cold or snowy since the winter 1995-96 I think.

Well I'm hopefully going to see lots and lots of snow next week when I am going skiing in the alps (Italy, Champoluc).

Comment

Yeah....
                  Great....
                  Wonderfull....
                  Cold....
                  -18C (0 F)....
                  Full storm.....
                  Froze my legs off....

I love the cold and the wonderfull snow...

Where can I get a Flamethrower??
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Amazing.. snow uncommon in northern England and Southern Sweden.. Global warming is doing its dirtywork..

We got about an inch of snow here in the middle of Texas last night. That makes the first time in many many years we've seen it.. When I was little we got some almost every year. It was all white this morning, but by noon it had all evaporated.

Hey, Guru.. does it ever snow in Finland anymore?

Comment

You guys get a little heat hiccup from the Gulf Stream and think you're in an environmental crisis.

20-30 cm? PFFFTTTT....!!

Buffalo, New York has 74+ inches (~185 cm) of snow on the ground right now. All of it fell in 4-5 days and winter has just begun.

Northern Michigan isn't far behind Buffalo and before long Idaho, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin will only be visible from space.

To make it even worse it's snowing in Atlanta, Georgia. 2-4 inches expected.

Global warming my arse.....

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 January 2002, 18:33.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Can we borrow some ???
                        Forecast for tomorrow possible freezing rain. Slip sliding away.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Now I see it... we're getting all the snow that's supposed to be in Sweden!

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                            To make it even worse it's snowing in Atlanta, Georgia. 2-4 inches expected.
                            Global warming my arse.....

Dr. Mordrid
                            Even funnier- I moved to the Chicago area from the Hampton Roads Virginia area (military transfer), expecting to finally see more snow in one year than I've seen the whole ten that I was stationed there. So far, we've had maybe two inches total accumulation here, but that freak storm that snowed in Atlanta is expected to leave as much as a foot back where I just left.
                            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600
                            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Snow, schmow. Bah humbug. 30 degrees Celsius here like it should be
                              Attached Files
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                              X