Nissan GT-R Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan GT-R Concept

For those of you who have seen the <a href="http://gallery.ausgamers.com/gtrconcept_orig.jpg" target="_blank">GT-R concept car</a> Nissan unveiled at the Tokyo Motorshow (about 2 months ago) and wondered what it would look like without those wierd vertical headlights, then look no further than this <a href="http://gallery.ausgamers.com/gtrconcept_mod.jpg" target="_blank">image</a> I did up.

For those Aussies among us, check out page 11 of the January issue of Wheels magazine. For those non-aussies, check out my letter (and the editor's response) <a href="http://cfx.qgl.org/Wheels_GTR.jpg" target="_blank">here</a>.

I'm a published writer (of sorts)!!!
    <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

IMHO it looks hideous either way. Before you put the normal headlights on you could simply pass it off as being a 100% ugly vehicle but now you've gone and ruined the perfection and lowered it to only 95% abomination.

Comment

excellent editing job

(horrible car )
      FT.

Comment

Yeah, I want to clarify that you did a rather good job editing the picture, your version looks more real than the "real" one... it's just the car is too horrific to look at even with the improvement.

Comment

I do think the original one looks much better. Your version is a bit too much conventional (VW-ish) and furthermore those headlights you used don't look like xenon lights to me... halogen lights on a concept car? That is a big no!
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

You're comparing what the outer lens looks like... how would you know what bulb is inside without turning them on?
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Does this image answer your question? Those are no conventional reflectors, but light beam projectors with the light coming from a HID source hidden inside the car.

And I don't understand why people don't like this car. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Comment

Well in general, I don't think Japaneese know how to design cars, and I'm not talking exterior only.
                The interior look and feel/practicality on Japaneese cars is not what you call artwork, maybe these cars are designed for people 4 feet in height or something, I don't know.

I own an Acura Integra 1995 and although the exterior design is somewhat pleasing to look at, the interior in another story, a design from hell!

Maybe Pininfarina, Giogaro, Zagato can teach Japs how to design cars, but I know it'll take them years to catch up to the Europeans, that's for sure.

I like this concept car only if it had a different front end, toooo many gaps to fill or shrink.

Nice editing job though

Comment

this car looks like it's straight from the game motorhead

I got to say I don't really mind it... at least not as bad as the modern ford cars (those look hideous imho).

Comment

Do you mean the Ford Focus and the likes (Ka, Puma, Cougar...)?

Comment

What do you get when you lock the designers of the Audi TT and Toyota Echo in a room? Bingo!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X