Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Graphics Choices

Hi all,

What choices are there now for PCI graphics cards? I want one to replace the onboard Savage4 in my Shuttle SV24.

I'm after good gaming and TV Out.

SteveC,

Gaming and T.V. out? That's all?

VisionTek Xtasy 5564 PCI

Comment

He said good TV-OUT, get a Radeon PCI, if you can find one that is...

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
        Yep - good on both counts if possible.

Have the Radeon's got lots of TV out options like the old ATi cards and Matrox cards? I want to be able to alter height/width/position blah blah because I can't at the moment with the onboard savage 4 and the picture's real small in the middle of my TV

I also want custom 16:9 resolutions if possible.

Comment

He also said good gaming.....
          the PCI Radeon uses SDR memory.
          Last edited by Tom; 2 January 2002, 17:24.

Comment

The Radeon SDR is adequate for good gaming, don't forget that GF2 MX also uses SDR.

You can also get a Kyro 2 PCI (Hercules), but then the TV-out won't be as good as on the Radeon (it would equall the GF though). The 2D will be a tad worse (but still better than the GF), and it would be faster than both the GF2 MX and the Radeon.

Comment

The Radeon SDR is adequate for good gaming, don't forget that GF2 MX also uses SDR.

You can also get a Kyro 2 PCI (Hercules), but then the TV-out won't be as good as on the Radeon (it would equall the GF though). The 2D will be a tad worse (but still better than the GF), and it would be faster than both the GF2 MX and the Radeon.
              I never realised there was a PCI version of the Kyro2.. hmmmm... Not that bothered by 2D quality as I'm using my TV as it's monitor anyway.

(I bet that in with my Celery 800 will still beat my Athlon 1.33Ghz + G550 )

Comment

Working...
              X