Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between God and Bill Gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between God and Bill Gates?

God knows that he is not Bill Gates
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

That joke took too much thought...

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

LOL!!!!

Comment

Another twist, sughested by my coworker...

Bill Gates Makes More Money....
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

For one thing, God invented turtles.

Bill Gates is a turtle, therefore Bill Gates is not God.

And never will be.

He's just a rich turtle.

But if God were on Earth, he'd probably be running Linux.

P.S: "An OS made by a turtle?? That's ridiculous!" says God.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Re: Another twist, sughested by my coworker...

Originally posted by Technoid

Bill Gates Makes More Money....
            umm...God doesn't need money. Even if he did...that twist was not clever in any way~

Comment

What is the difference between Bill Gates and God?

In the end, not much. Both are the ultimate cause of fatal errors.
              P=I^2*R
              Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

God is immortal and Bill Gates isn't

God doesn't need the money

God knows when to shut up and let things run themselves

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

What's the diff. between them?

Bill Gates exists

Rags

Comment

Bill Gates doesn't exist! He's a CG representation of a the classic geek, created by the government, to fool the US populous into all buying their mind control software, hidden inside Windows. For "live" apperences they use doubles and look-a-likes, so people "think" that they too can make billions of dollars one day.

There is no Bill Gates. It's a figment of your controlled little mind

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

No God because?

IMHO Maimonides had it right when he asserted;

"there is no natural conflict between properly understood science and properly understood religion: if your science and religious beliefs are at odds, then you do not have one (or both) correct."

May I suggest;

"The Science of God: The Convergence of Scientific and Biblical Wisdom" by Dr. Gerald Schroeder (Israeli physicist).

Very enlightening.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2002, 21:35.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I suggest you keep your religion between you, your god, your children, and your church.

Keep it out of my face.

Do I believe in supreme beings? You bet!

Letting people believe in their own faiths or lack of faith. That is the most enlightening.

Rags

Comment

Interesting opinion in a thread where he is mentioned so often and where I was responding to your seemingly anti-religious dig.

Could it be you just don't like your comments coming back at you?

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 January 2002, 22:04.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Interesting opinion in a thread where he is mentioned so often and where I was responding to your seemingly anti-religious dig.
                            Interesting you didn't catch my little tongue sticking out in that post. I am not antireligous. You don't know my faith or lack thereof. I don't broadcast my personal faith choices or lack thereof, and am of the firm belief that if everyone practiced it like I did, then we wouldn't have half the problems we do in the world.

Could it be you just don't like your comments coming back at you?

Dr. Mordrid
                            Nope. My comment was meant in jest, your comments were made to 'school' me in something I need no 'schooling' in. So I responded with my position on the subject, which is you say tamayto, I say tomahto, let's agree that it doesn't really matter at the end of the day if I don't believe in God and you do or vice-versa---that's what I was saying.

Rags
                            Last edited by Rags; 5 January 2002, 23:41.

Comment

I've been thinking of printing up a bumper/cubicle sticker that reads: "I will respect your religion if, and only if, you respect my lack of one".
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                              X