Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100Mbps Internet Access

EDIT: BTW check out the video!
    Last edited by Guru; 1 January 2002, 03:19.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

dZeus already has that kind of bandwidth
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      dZeus already has that kind of bandwidth
      DSDN or some other tec.?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Uni!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Excuse ME !

In the video they list all the wonderfull things which DSDN delivers as compared to DSL/CABLE ! among other things .. packet routing ... HELLO ! as if packet routing was unique to DSDN .... COME ON ! get real !

And they claim the way P2P is working within DSDN networks cannot be done with DSL/CABLE without the need of going through the "Local office" ... NOT true !

I'm on cable .. and I can do P2P with users connected to the same router/network without going through my ISP !

Apart from that 100 mbit sound NICE !

The only worry I have is ... what about compatability with existing networks ! Can they deliver 100 Mbit outside their switched DSDN network .. I don't think so.
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I Would be happy even with ADSL...

Modems are so slow these days...
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I'm happy with my radio-LAN at max 512 kbps (practical about 2-400 kbps) I have no other choice, so I must be happy with it.
              Except a damn firewall at the provider makes that I can't internet phone (no server setup is allowed).
              100 Mbps? a dream. I am too old to hope to get it in my life, here in my small hause area

Fred H
              It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Looks pretty cool. To bad it's not in my area...

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Havn't looked at the link, but their offering 100mbit fiber here. sadly my appartment is 18 years old and has no fibre. looks like i'll have to wait until we move - 2 years or so

Dan
                  Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

My city runs their fiber backbone 100 feet from my house, but the proposal to run it to every home didnt pan out. Some crap about needing money for schools and flood prevention... Still it would have been nice to have Gbit speeds.

MadScot
                    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Working...
                    X