About Bitboyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Bitboyz

i can't remember the employe count , if someone could refresh my memory a little , what i know is they are not that much .. do you think a company of this size could provide decent drivers ?
    :::muted:::

can a company of this size produce a product?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Nope
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

well, I wouldn't say that yet...

anyways, you murcers have been best users group so far what comes to bashing other manufacturers.... don't slip it now.

Besides, There is just too much common on these 2 companies... I think they are hiding something... and I am sorry that I can't proof that, but that's how I feel based on some facts I know both of them...

well, who lives, will see.
        "Dippadai"

Comment

hey!
          didn´t they make the infamous pyramid3d back in the voodoo1 days??
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

What have the bitboys made and sold to bash.
            I can't think of anything apart from vapourware.
            Oh when we bash other manufacters we do it nicely.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              What have the bitboys made and sold to bash.
              I can't think of anything apart from vapourware.
              Oh when we bash other manufacters we do it nicely.
              okay, did you like EMBM on G400??
              if yes, then shut up and be quiet. Matrox bought license for EMBM from Bitboys and after that Microsoft licensed it too for DirectX 6 Bump Mapping.

another thing they have done (though it didn't made to market because of chip manufacturer.) was HW T&L, programmable pixel pipeline and microcode programmable core. (Pyramid3D was able to do Displacement Mapping just with reprogramming the core.) and that all happened 1997.

and what comes to manufacturer failiors, you just cannot put them to Bitboys... it would be just same if G400 would have been failed to NEC's problems and I would have said "Matrox cannot do things properly."

so live and let live, m´kay?
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Lordeee Nappe1

BitBiys have never produced a physical product that went into production. The Pyramid3D card was only a demonstration to show that they could... and it was never was a consumable product (was never intended to be) and even then it would have flopped. Even at that, look at how many years ago it was... Geesh

Sure EMBM was cool. But it was also a feature that sucked up what precious little horsepower the G400 could muster.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                  Lordeee Nappe1

BitBiys have never produced a physical product that went into production. The Pyramid3D card was only a demonstration to show that they could... and it was never was a consumable product (was never intended to be) and even then it would have flopped. Even at that, look at how many years ago it was... Geesh

Sure EMBM was cool. But it was also a feature that sucked up what precious little horsepower the G400 could muster.
                  Lordee Greebe, AFAIK PYRAMID3D was meaned to be a consumer product. And my source is as close as you can get to bitboys without being a part of it...

I KNOW exactly what happened to it and I have said it so many times here too that I am not going to repeat it again.

geez you too....
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

If you're so close to them why did you for so long continue to think that Matrox's next gen was designed by BitBoys?

P.S. your troll friend Tronic is our kickball toy

evile grin

Comment

If you're so close to them why did you for so long continue to think that Matrox's next gen was designed by BitBoys?

P.S. your troll friend Tronic is our kickball toy

evile grin
                      I know Tronic, but he is different person than I... we just have identical first and surname.

And what comes to Bitboys and Matrox.... you said: "...for so long continue to think that Matrox's next gen was designed by BitBoys?" and I didn't. I have never said that Matrox would totally directly buy the whole chip. I have been always talking about possibility of using some tech.

And I actually have asked about any co-operation from Matrox and from Bitboys. None of them does comment it in any way. they Just say that they don't want to comment.
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

True... but you have spred enough hype/rumours that BB/M are... inwhich many wanting to know have come to me (and others) with even further twisting of the speculations you've led the niave to believe is indeed fact.

Now I enjoy reading all the rumours cause it's quite amusing... but when being hammered on for inside info (which I will NOT! comment on) because of this dribble or even worse... followed around by your troll friends, then I'm not going to be especially happy with you.

BTW I'm not mad or the like about this... just wanting you to know

Comment

True... but you have spred enough hype/rumours that BB/M are... inwhich many wanting to know have come to me (and others) with even further twisting of the speculations you've led the niave to believe is indeed fact.
                          you are partially right... what is a rumour? well, for me or you (or anybody ) something is a fact ( know the source and their backgrounds ) but when I talk about it to anyone else, it becomes a rumour. Still, there is a lot of ppl that are willing to know what's happening and I have been like a tightrope man balancing between land and sky. If I would not tell something, I would lose my face in these few ppl still believing that Bitboys has really something and another thing is that I can't tell too much. I have to know my limits... Not an easy task I must say...

I have been always trying to make clear that Officially there isn't any deal between BB and Matrox, but you never know.

There has been happened a lot since August and during this time, I lost a right make any public speculations. I have noticed that some of ppl will take my words as law. That's why I have been pretty quiet since the destiny of Avalanche series leaked.

and well, you know how the ppl are... First, when I "believed" very strongly that Bitboys could make their own product at last Everyone started to arguing with me. Now, when I said that there isn't going to be a Bitboys product at the shops during next 3-4 quaters of year, they started to think that maybe it is possible anyway. ( I am asking why they started to believe when it was already too late? maybe just because it would make Bitboys look like a failier again? )

Now I enjoy reading all the rumours cause it's quite amusing...
                          heh heh you and me both, Greebe. Maybe the company is different, but I have to say that I have laughed my ass off sometimes.

...but when being hammered on for inside info (which I will NOT! comment on) because of this dribble or even worse... followed around by your troll friends, then I'm not going to be especially happy with you.

BTW I'm not mad or the like about this... just wanting you to know
                          well, you might know How I felt when I heard about the Infineon pulling out... ppl wanting to know more didn't make the situation any easier.

you have a contract to pull out and show that you just can't talk, I have / had nothing... Of course, I always could started all this with unknown indentity (and if something goes wrong I just kill that 2nd guy...) But Instead of that put strongest bet to the game. My real name and reputation and here we are.

I'll give you an advice... if ppl starts bothering you too much with questions say like I do: " Get a Life! there is much more than every year graphics card upgrade in life."
                          Last edited by Nappe1; 6 January 2002, 15:02.
                          "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1

there is much more than every year graphics card upgrade in life
                            There is???
                            Oh yes, I forgot: upgrading your mobo, CPU, soundcard, HD,....
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

There is???
                              Oh yes, I forgot: upgrading your mobo, CPU, soundcard, HD,....
                              LOL! this reminds me one comment from usenet news:

'The Life!?? huh... wow, sounds incredible. where I can download it?'
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                              X