Matrox rulez 4ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox rulez 4ever!

I just bought a Asus Geforce3 Ti200 graphics card and I installed the drivers that were following with it. I had recently read about people that had serious problems with the "21.81" drivers from nvidia; continious bluescreens and direct3d-application errors. And this was no different from what I experienced. So what I did next was to litteraly rip out the Asus card and gently put my G400 32mb card into my pc, lean back and enjoy. I've never experienced any trouble with the drivers I got from Matrox, never ever, not 1 single graphic-card issue. Conclution; Nvidia powered cards are very nice, but their drivers SUCKS!!!! Viva La Matrox-recistance!!
    -+b¤¤$t£®+-

if I ask nicely, will you give me your Asus Geforce3 Ti200 graphics card to try out!

Comment

Wouldn´t it be easier (apart from smarter) to install another driver version than to throw away the money you paid for the card? I wish I had the spare money to buy one.
      Last edited by Alec; 31 December 2001, 10:36.

Comment

Hmm... I didn't have any crashing issues with the PNY Ti-200 I tried out, and that was with both the new 23.11 drivers and some older 22.80 ones.

Comment

I'd even go one step farther and say anyone that really has MAJOR problems with one of todays mainstream gfxcards is just to stupid to set it up - hell, it might even be an ATI... t'is from someone having the second card of the generally agreed "worst drivers company" out there (ATI). First one was a Radeon64DDR VIVO, now it's a shiny Radeon8500.

However, now that NVidia seems to have finally caught up the 2D act they might be a serious contender for my next gfxcard - provided there is no G800 (as I think, unfortunately )
          Last edited by Indiana; 31 December 2001, 18:04.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

?

I was going to try the card again once nvidia posts some new drivers that really works. Ofcourse, I could use some of the older drivers (I'm really not sure what drivers I should use). What's the point of using old drivers with a new card like thisone? I think this problem is different from user to user, I mean, what drivers that works on their systems.
            -+b¤¤$t£®+-

Comment

You have drivers up to 23.11 to choose:

You can also register on an Nvidia forum if you have trouble.

Comment

Re: Matrox rulez 4ever!

Originally posted by Booster
                I just bought a Asus Geforce3 Ti200 graphics card and I installed the drivers that were following with it. I had recently read about people that had serious problems with the "21.81" drivers from nvidia; continious bluescreens and direct3d-application errors. And this was no different from what I experienced. So what I did next was to litteraly rip out the Asus card and gently put my G400 32mb card into my pc, lean back and enjoy. I've never experienced any trouble with the drivers I got from Matrox, never ever, not 1 single graphic-card issue. Conclution; Nvidia powered cards are very nice, but their drivers SUCKS!!!! Viva La Matrox-recistance!!
                GEEEEEEEEEEEE !

People never learn !

nVIDIA drivers sucks .... LOOOOOOOOOOOL
                Clearly you don't know what you are talking about !
                Have you tried configuring them ?
                Adjusting their settings ?
                Tweaking them ?
                Not to mention O/C'ing the GFX card ?

Did you remove all the Matrox Drivers before installing the Ti200 Card ?

What Chipset do You Have ?

I have NEVER had these continious blue Screens and D3D applications errors on my GF2 GTS card nor my G400 Max nor my G200 Card !!!!!!!

If you haven't got a single issue with your Matrox Drivers I would say you haven't used them at all !
                Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

nvidia drv

Well in my MSI Geforce3 ti 200 the 21.xx series work very nice. try 21.83 or 21.88
                  The 23.xx made my computer crash. Well matrox drivers maybe beta but they look like final in compare with Nvidias

Comment

So .. now suddenly the TI200 works very Nice !
                    But not Anymore .... makes me wonder why you even started this thread and called it Matrox rulez 4ever!

Comment

Kosh, Chill Out!

Booster does not equal g_goncalo...
                      Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

Ups .... !

Sorry about that !

btw .. I am an nVIDIOT ! what more can I say ....
                        and when/if I get a Radeon8500 then I'm an ATIDIOT and if I get a MatroxGXXX then I'm a MATROUXOR or something like that !

Comment

And if you get a Bit Boys, you'll be a magician
                          Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

LOL
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

read me please

I would like to say something:

I've own a matrox mystic 2Mb, then a Matrox M3d, then a G100, a g200 and a G400. I've love Matrox. Great cards that work. I've had to change because matrox could keep up the pace. I'm keeping my G400 just in case because i know that yhis card will always work well, in stipe of been slow for my games. I'm waiting for matrox to release a new card (fast one) to change from Nvidiot. It's just for a little time! The best quality is from matrox, aint no doubt about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X