MJPEG to DV suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG to DV suggestions

I have used MJPEG capture on my G400 to take video files and edit them, but now I have a DV cam and a fire wire card. I found that I could use the presets in Premiere 6 and Sonic Foundry Vegas Video and a few other packages to convert my MJPEG to DV format video.

Why?

Simple. You know that annoying 2 or 4 gb file limit on windows... well it stop you editing 1 hour long programs into one long file... so you cant play it back in one nice smooth chunk. Right. Well on Win98 and Win95 etc... I think you can get around this using NT or 2000 or XP... am I right.

Anyhow, if youre like me and have marvel and a firewire card and a DV camcorder with its DV IN enabled... you can dump your small converted chunks to DV and if youve got your Camcorder pre roll settings set up correctly, it should edit almost frame accurate. So you put all the chunks end to end on your DV and hey presto... as long sequence which you have mastered on to a far superior format tape... better than VHS SVHS etc.

Now you can get 82 min DV tapes. Run these in LP mode on your DV cam and you have a new doorway to making your longer productions.

Just a syggestion ;-)

Obviously I realise that converting MJPEG to DV is going to be lossy because of MJPEg noise. I intend captuuring in Hyffmna YUV when I get it working. This should be better for no noise conversion to DV.

Does anyone know any problems that exist for editing using Huffman?
Working...
X