picvideo vs morgan mjpeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picvideo vs morgan mjpeg

i was wondering if anyone knew which one was better.

Frankie

I can only give you my subjective opinion based on recent experience.

I recently downloaded three MJPEG codecs, to allow me to transfer hardware-generated (G-200 Marvel) files to another computer. They were Morgan, PICvideo and Lead.

Morgan totally upset my computer, putting in much more than a simple codec. I quickly eliminated all trace of it from the machine. I refuse to be messed around by bloatware that doesn't work properly.

PICvideo and Lead are about equal in performance and both work excellently in both "co" and "dec" modes. No significant difference to report between them. The former is good value at $18 for an individual user, but there is a free trial of all of these. Morgan and Lead are time-bombed after 30 days and PICvideo is watermarked until registered (the procedure for registration is simplicity itself).

Just my views.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

thanks for the response, i just now noticed your reply about 'mjpeg' you made earlier

Comment

PicVideo=excelent quality but some larger files,
        PicVideo = no TV display when scrubbing the timeline in MSP6
        HW MJPEG (Matrox) smaller file and TV display when scrubbing in MSP 6.0.
        Morgan went out from my computer, but it was a little job to clean it up.

Any ideas how to enable the timeline scrubbing in MSP6.0 of a PicVideo MJPEG file?
        DualHead DVDMax is enabled, but sometimes switches from PAL to NTSC without asking

Marvel G400-TV, W2K PD 5.39 + VT 2.04 (leaked) alt. W98SE PD 5.41 + VT 2.04 (leaked)

Fred H
        Last edited by Fred H; 1 January 2002, 09:00.
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
          DualHead DVDMax is enabled, but sometimes switches from PAL to NTSC without asking
          I've noticed this too. Probably something in the drivers. Big surprise.
          AMD Athlon-C 1200MHz
          512MB Crucial PC133 CAS2
          MSI K7T Turbo
          45GB IBM Deskstar 75GXP
          Plextor Ultraplex 40x
          Matrox G400 16MB Dualhead
          Matrox RRG add-on
          19" Samsung SyncMaster 955DF
          GNU/Linux (and Windows 2000 Professional)

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
            PicVideo = no TV display when scrubbing the timeline in MSP6
            HW MJPEG (Matrox) smaller file and TV display when scrubbing in MSP 6.0.

Any ideas how to enable the timeline scrubbing in MSP6.0 of a PicVideo MJPEG file?
            Hi Fred,

When you mean scrubbing, are you refering to trimming the clips using the "source" window or the quick trim feature? Sorry if this is a simple question.

Comment

No, scrubbing is scrolling through the timeline, mostly with the mouse. In the ideal case the output should be shown in DVDMax on an external (tv)monitor but MediaStudio Pro doesn't always do so, and that's what this thread is about.

landrover
              -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
              2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
              Matrox Parhelia 128
              Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
              Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
              Maxtor 300 GB for video
              Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
              Win XP Pro

At work:
              Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
              Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Yes.
                Exactly what landrover mean. Scrubbing the time line in the Video Editor (MSP 6.0) displays the hardware MJPEG (Matrox) on the TV. But the PicVideo doesn't.
                Out of that, scrubbing a PicVideo clip changes my DualHead DVDMax from PAL to NTSC, without asking. I don't know why.

Fred H
                It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                X