Problems with G450 in Win2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G450 in Win2K

I've been having very strange problems with at work with an IBM Initellistation mPRO Windows 2000 system that is fitted with a G450 card.

If any windowed DirectDraw applications have been run the system tends to crash when you click (not press!) on any applications File menu. The crash is an immediate BSOD followed a split second later by the system rebooting (no chance to read anything from the screen).

I don't have all of the system details with me (I'm at home now).
    What I can remember is that it has a 1GHz P3 CPU, 512MB RDRAM, Ultra160 SCSI disc, ATAPI CD-ROM and CD-RW. Single screen is running 1600x1200 32 bit colour. Operating system is at SP2 with the pre-SP3 hot fixes. DirectX version is 8.1. I don't know the graphics driver version, but I suspect it was downloaded from the Microsoft Update site.

I have scheduled this machine for a complete hose/reinstall this week, but I would be curious to know if anyone else has seen (or heard of) this problem. In particular it would be nice to know if I will be wasting my time with the hose job!
Working...
X