SB PCI 128 and Creative FPS1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB PCI 128 and Creative FPS1600

Just got me the FPS 1600 speakers from Cambridge Soundworks. In Win 95/98 it was possible to enable the 4-speaker configuration through the drivers. In XP I´m using the ES1370 SB PCI 128 built-in drivers - I try to install XP SB PCI 128 drivers but no change... I guess the drivers are OK, but there isn´t a control panel where I can enable 4-speaker output in the drivers. Can someone help me (or I´ll have to install Win ME - uurrrghh!!!?).
    Is there some 3rd party software to let me enable 4-speaker output?

Help, please!

P.S. My card supports 4 speakers... I have both outputs (front which is green and rear which is black) in the card. Also, it says in the box.

Hmmm

There is probably an option to enable 4 speaker output in:

The volume control program (advance options, you will need to enable it, search through the volume control program to find it)

or the multimedia control panel applet. (again, look everywhere :-) )

You can also download latest sound card drivers for the SB 128 from www.soundblaster.com if you havn't done so already.

Good luck
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

In XP I´m using the ES1370 SB PCI 128 built-in drivers - I try to install XP SB PCI 128 drivers but no change...

Ensoniq products have no XP update because the driver is built-in in XP... I guess I´ll never buy a Creative soundcard again.

Thanks for the input, though.
      Last edited by Alec; 28 December 2001, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec

Ensoniq products have no XP update because the driver is built-in in XP... I guess I´ll never buy a Creative soundcard again.

Thanks for the input, though.
        Skip XP instead!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I´ve been snooping around and it seems that they´re going to release a proper driver in January 2002... the XP driver has only basic funcionality.

I hate it when hardware makers stop supporting their older but not obsolete hardware properly. Always on the chase for money...

I´d skip my sound card faster than XP, which is working fine, thanks, Guru.
          Last edited by Alec; 28 December 2001, 14:13.

Comment

Just out of curiosity in the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel there is usually a place where you can choose quadraphonic speakers. At least I could with the built in XP driver for the live.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Yes, but it doesn´t do nothing for the (forgotten) PCI 128. I´ll just wait for the drivers and see. Crappy greedy Creative...
              Last edited by Alec; 28 December 2001, 18:47.

Comment

Working...
              X