X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new TV!

I have Bought a new TV!

A Panasonic 28' widescreen!

TX-28DK20F (No I don't either know exactly what they represent, Panasonic probably doesent either )

Quintrix!

100Hz "Super digital Scan"

Seems to work ok!

Will take awaile to readjust to that "100Hz" awfull fuzziness...

But its better than a 10 year old 20 or 21 inch TV without TeleText...
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Holy, a 28 foot TV? Do you live in a stadium or something?

Or did you mean 28"?

I should be a comedian, I'm so bloody funny.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

'=fot ?!?
      "=inches?!?

hm.....

I do wish I had more space....
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yes, I was about to say.. no wonder it's fuzzy if it's a 28 foot TV

You know, people you would otherwise consider smart are so stupid when it comes to a TV picture sometimes. The idiots that complain about widescreen bars are the most common, though less so now than in years past. Every time someone asks that I want to go into my spiel: "Okay, do you remember when you were 2 years old and learning things? Remember the little Fisher-Price workbench you had with the little shapes you pounded into the same-shaped holes? Now, did the rectangle fit in the square? No? Well good, you just answered your own question."

The other thing they always talk about is how much fuzzier the picture is when you blow it up to about 10x its regular size. "My $150 19" TV has a sharper picture than that $3000 120" front projector!" Well, duh.. the lines of resolution aren't any different, you know.

Comment

KvHagedorn,

Do you think I can't push a button twice??

Because thats how hard it is to make the tv show 4:3 with black bars on the side...

No distortions and othervise "blown up" picture...

What I was refering to was the "100Hz" effect!!

Go to the nearest TV shop and see for yourself!

Comment

ever thought about 100Hz being a PAL-only thing? :P

I'm not sure what my TV does when it gets NTSC input... maybe it interpolates to 100Hz? maybe it just keeps it at 60Hz...

though I got to say that 100Hz interpolation from interlaced PAL looks stunning

Comment

I'm sorry if you thought I was talking about you, Technoid.. I sell them and was referring to people in general..

Comment

KvHagedorn,

I was "fuzzy" in my first post

Sorry for my "Sharp" anwere...

No hard feelings, ok?

Comment

Working...
                X