Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Beta drivers available for download; address many gaming issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta drivers available for download; address many gaming issues...

These are version 6.82 for Win9x/ME, and 5.82 for 2K/XP for all Millennium cards from G200 through G550 (not Mystique, Marvel or MMS)

According to Richie at Matrox tech support, these drivers address many of the most common game issues reported:

From the readme file:
    This beta driver is to be used at your own discretion. It contains a new ICD which has addressed many game issues with the following games:

Flight simulator 2002
    RTCW
    Myth 3
    Armada 2

Technical support is not provided with this beta driver. If clients feel they have encountered a bug, they can report this on the technical support bug forum. Note that this bug forum is not to be used for troubleshooting beta drivers.

Clients are also welcome to post on any of the other technical support forums where their fellow clients can help each other in basic issues like irq conflicts, driver installation, etc.

Note that the technical support forums and their phone queue will be lcosed from Dec 25th till Jan 1st.

Happy holidays to all
    Last edited by Kruzin; 24 December 2001, 11:11.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Yeah, right.. But there is no NT 4 driver, damn =(

P.S. I'll try G400icd from W2K drivers anyway =)

Comment

Thanks Kruzin
      I am getting a s**tload of problems in RTCW. Not sure if they are G400 related though.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Yes! GL Extensions is finally working in RTCW! FPS increased in some places, but still have great slowdown at tram.

P.S. ICD from W2K working in fine in NT4.

Comment

Originally posted by duke_srg
          Yes! GL Extensions is finally working in RTCW! FPS increased in some places, but still have great slowdown at tram.

Yes, the ICD for XP/2K should work like a champ in NT4, you just will notice it's a bit slow compared to XP/2K.

Rags

Comment

Anyway, I'll waiting for RTCW patch from Id/Activision, because even overclocking my G450 did not increase fps. So, great thanx to Matrox for ICD update, but as i said before that was not a main problem

Comment

WooHooooo!!!!!!
              Finally, new drivers for the Millennium G200!!!! Thanks to Matrox!!
              But I would like to wait for the non beta versions though!! And finally, the G200 has an OpenGl ICD in WinXP too!!
              Cheers
              Ovi

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
                Thanks Kruzin
                I am getting a s**tload of problems in RTCW. Not sure if they are G400 related though.

regards MD
                Seems like my problems could be heat related. Since putting the case back on my pc locks up within a few minutes of playing RTCW. (it used to take about 20-30 mins). I also noticed that the cpu temp was 58c. looks like some more cooling is needed.

regards Michael.
                Interests include:
                Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

58c is too warm for mostly any computer on the market, unfortunately.

Comment

cking,
                    Let's go over your system again. What OS?

I don't get any studdering in HL, with the 6.72 drivers, or with the 6.20 drivers that I was running forever.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by duke_srg

Hmmm. I installed the new drivers on my Win2K (Prof., SP2) box and don't see any difference. The FPS is still the same and the GL Extensions still won't stick to "1". I've tried setting in the game menu and in the config file, but it always gets reset back to "0".

I uninstalled my old (v6.72) drivers first per the Matrox instructions, then installed the beta drivers.

Help?

Comment

Steve Snyder: look at driver properties in RTWC, the latest version is 1.1.13 Dec 13 2001, if it so, and GLExtensions can't be turned on - you're unlucky =)

P.S. try to change string 'Matrox' in Wolfsp/wolfmp.exe to any other string with hex-editor. This allows you to turn on extensions even on old drivers, but at least at G450 it will bee unplayable.

Comment

Try this in your autoexec.cfg:

_snd_mixahead "0.200"
                          _snd_noextraupdate "1"
                          cl_allowdownload "0"
                          cl_allowupload "1"
                          cl_himodels "0"
                          fps_lan "45"
                          fps_modem "33"
                          gl_keeptjunctions "1"
                          gl_palette_tex "1"
                          gl_polyoffset "2"
                          gl_round_down "0"
                          gl_texsort "1"
                          gl_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
                          gl_ztrick "1"
                          gl_dither "1"
                          hisound "0"
                          joystick "0"
                          loadas8bit "1"
                          m_filter "1"
                          pushlatency "-600"
                          r_decals "50"
                          r_mmx "1"
                          r_shadows "0"
                          rate "7000"
                          s_a3d "0"
                          s_eax "1"
                          s_reverb "0"
                          scr_conspeed "3000"

Comment

What the heck is RTCW?
                            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

RTCW= Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Comment

Working...
                              X