New Beta drivers available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta drivers available for download

These are version 6.82 for Win9x/ME, and 5.82 for 2K/XP for all Millennium cards from G200 through G550 (not Mystique, Marvel or MMS)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

According to Richie at Matrox tech support, these drivers address many of the most common game issues reported:

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Do you know when the final will be released? I'm not currently playing any of the listed games so is there any reason to try this Beta?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

No, I am not told when finals will be released.
        I didn't even know these betas where being released.

If you are not having problems with the current drivers, there is probably no reason to mess with these...but if you are having issues with certain games, go for it

Comment

There is a bug or something in the new beta WinXP drivers, I can't enable AGPx1 again, maybe its because they are beta or maybe there is something else, but anyway I thought I will let you know.
          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

win2k/xp drivers when??

when are those coming out??

Comment

has anyone else been having problems with these and DVDMax? My G400MAX is doesn't maintain aspect ratio when connected to a TV unless "Detect based on source window" is selected, and PowerDVD will blue screen the system under Windows XP. TV is connected to box right now.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Hi DGhost

I don't think that was PowerDVD that Blue Screened your system. Two days ago I re-installed an XP system with a G400, but when configuring DVDMax or switching between NTSC and PAL, it caused the system to display a black screen with a blinking cursor on the left top side and then after 10 seconds resulting in an automatic reboot after a Blue Screen.

After going back to the 5.72 drivers all things were okay again. I still have to try it on a G450 system, but I'm now a bit hesitant to try it. So most likely your system is suffering from a video-driver issue.

Nice holidays,
                Peter
                Peter Aragon
                Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

DVDMax Blue Screen

I can confirm the Blue Screen with the new 5.82 Beta Drivers and
                  DVDMax + PowerDVD in WinXP.
                  After going back to the 5.72 Drivers everything is working again.
                  So it's not PwerDVD but the new Beta Driver causing the BlueScreen.

Hikester

Comment

I'm running PD 5.82.014 on my G550 in XP and PowerDVD 4 XP (build 1213) and I don't have your problems... all is fine here
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

What Greebe said, also using Bios ver 1.3 from the Matrox site.

Not a glitch

Dan
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

using PowerDVD 3 here and a G400MAX, if i had PowerDVD 4 or a G550 i would do more testing.
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Sorry to say these drivers didn't work well for me.

Started off with what seemed slightly better fps in Tactical Ops (UT mod) so I start to think hmm these are alright,stable and smooth then all of a sudden my screen locks up completely.

I had to reset the whole pc, so ok being a paitent person I try again this time the screen just goes completely corrupt, complete garbage across the screen. After rebooting my pc I reinstalled the previous drivers 5.72 and all has been ok since then.

Something must be wrong with these beta drivers as they are the first since I bought my G400 MAX that have gone as corrupt as this.

Hope the next set of drivers are good.

Comment

In 2D, on a P2B-F, BIOS 10.14, and a G400 Max this works okay, and steady, and sturdy. But that's probably not what most of you want to read

Sorry, listening audio CD's for the moment, while I tractor in a couple of Divx movies on ADSL

I'll test RTCW in a moment. I tested RA2 earlier, but noticed no changes as it's not an OpenGL game

I'll test Operation Flashpoint v1.30 with this new engine though

Any other requests on a system? I am running:
                            Asus P2B-F
                            P3-750
                            512Mb PC-133 running at 100Mhz
                            G400 Max, Bios 2.1 b35
                            512Mb virtual memory (set myself)
                            WinME

Jord
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Beta driver vertical rolling hum

After installing beta drivers I noticed a slight vertical rolling hum in both monitors (dual head mode). Went back to 5.72.021 driver and all is ok. You can simulate this problem by setting both monitors at different refresh rates.

Asus P4T-E, P4 1.7, G400Max dual head, 512mg Samsung Rambus PC800, Adaptec 29160.

Comment

Working...
                              X