Good yet quiet heatsink/fan combo for Athlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good yet quiet heatsink/fan combo for Athlon

Okay I've now got two noisy computers. The reason why it's gone up to two is that I've swapped motherboards on one machine and heatsink fan combo is noisy. I can put up with one but two is pushing it a bit.
    Now what do you knowledgable people recommend.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Try changing those small fans to larger fans. Large good quality fans generate the same amount of airflow with a slower speed of rotation. Or try watercooling If larger fans can not be mounted onto your heatsink there are also adapters that will let you to do this, such as the one in this picture:
    Jimms.fi on asiantunteva tietotekniikan, komponenttien ja viihde-elektroniikan verkkokauppa. Tilauksiin aina saatavilla ilmainen toimitusvaihtoehto!

Comment

Zalman CNPS3100 (G) would be the best quiet air cooled setup if going for new... but also switching out the fans for larger ones would greatly reduce the noise levels(with fitted duct)... or water cooling like what I did... tho even if you DIY it'll cost at least double what a air cooled HS setup will (mine was roughly $100)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X