Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This rings horribly true

Scary!!

But I rather blaime alergia on execive use of plastic substances than the lame "We have to clean houses nowdays.."
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Havent read all the link and I'm not sure if this is relevant but a recent theory was that an excess of female hormones in drinking water was a possible cause. Like many theories this may have sunk without a trace.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

sacry indeed.....

A friend of mine (well we shared a house at uni....) did experiemnts in rivers around sewage plants discharges.

It involved placing som male pre-puberty trout in wite cages above and below these discharges. If the trout were young enough, they would become infertile or change sex!

his argument was something about the femal sex hormones in the contraceptive Pill are discharged in processing.

he got his doctorate on the gender of fish!

since then I remember seeing something on discovery about simmilar things happening to alligators in the swamps of Florida.
        I think its because in florida, they have to return some teated sewage into the swamps, to make up for water taken upstream for human use. Perhaps someone who is from florida can elaborate/correct....

redred
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Well look at it this way. If you're a bloke and end up infertile you can have a very good time without someone knocking on your door and saying dada.
          Against that you may end up with..........
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Unfortunately this article is more right than wrong.

Add to it the myriads of homes with lead in their water pipes, either as pre-50's feed pipes from the street or as solder on copper pipes, and the increasing use of polymers as water pipes and you have a scary scenario for our children.

Luckily for us we use very few canned goods, preferring to purchase and can (in sterilized glass) our own veggies, sauces etc. Call it a leftover from my farm-boy days. We also don't have any soft plastic toys, having learned about phthalates in early studies published in medical journals ages ago.

Now if only people would take EMF's from power lines more seriously.....

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Next we'll be on about gentic contamination of our food crops. Shit it's already happened.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Next we'll be on about gentic contamination of our food crops. Shit it's already happened.
                I think Monsanto recently tried to sue a farmer because his crops had been accidentally (naturally) cross fertilised by another farmers using a genetically modified product made by them. Their excuse was that the farmers yield was higher and that he hadnt paid for the rights. Not sure of the outcome of this but there was also concern that one of their products was a grain whose new seeds could not be used for planting. Therefore you always had to go back to them and purchase new.

But then anything is possible when you are an avid Nexus reader

regards MD
                Interests include:
                Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Once it's already out of the bag it doen't matter. Unfortunatley politicians don't really understand these matters unless they done biology in the past.
                  It also means that true organic farming is dead because your crop is going to be genically modified also.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Unfortunately a lot of enviro-hype is goning on about the bio-engineered crops. Most all of 'em are no danger at all since all they do is add a gene to produce a higher level of a nutrient that isn't in that particular crop to start with.

An example of a great crop that is getting hammered is the new "yellow" rice that is high in beta carotene. This crop can be used in poor regions to fight infantile blindness due to B/C insufficiencies, but some enviro-whackos would have you think the kids will grow four or five eyes instead of just keeping the function God gave them. Very short-sighted (ouch!!).

Another example is bio-engineered grains that are ergot resistant/proof. Ergot is a highly toxic mold that has caused major problems over the centuries when it infests grain. It can cause death for certain, but can also cause mass hallucinations or insanity and is thought to have a lot to do with unexplained violent upheavals and atrocities in the past. Such a crop would save millions over time.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 December 2001, 08:46.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                    X