VIA PCI latency patch v0.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA PCI latency patch v0.19

We have just posted a new version of the patch that so many people have already used to solve their IDE- and audio-related problems on VIA-based motherboards. The new version is 0.19, and it has several enhancements over the older versions:

* More VIA chipsets are supported
    * "Standby" and "Hibernate" power management is supported on Windows 2000 and XP
    * Installation is simpler
    * More patches included: Aureal Vortex, Radeon LE
    * CPU Idle bit is no longer patched, so CPUs run cooler
    * VIA's MWQ patch is included (VIA's current patches have bugs)

Early feedback has been good, with unexpected bonuses like higher disk benchmark scores in Sisoft Sandra and some reports that it cleans up the output of video-capture cards
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I had some sound problems (buzzing mainly) and now they are gone!

Good patch.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Guru,
      How does this work on your MSI K7T Turbo?

Curious becase I got this Motherboard.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I cant believe my ears the crackling has gone, wow well done via
        Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Using Via chipsets no Via patches installed using sblive and sblive 5.1 and no crackling problems. Haven't had any for months.
          By the way if you're using the patch George doesn't work for Via rather he finds solutions for their problems they nick them and then give George no credit.
          It's time they him some credit. After all he's helped a lot of Via users out. If he hadn't some may have dumped there motherboards and gone for an Intel solution instead.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The patch is not supported by some motherboards, with mixed chipsets, eg. AMD761 + VIA SouthBridge.
            Read the FAQ.html file in the vlatency_v019.zip

Fred H
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

It worked well on my MB, and not only solved the crackling with my Live! (even with the Win2k standard drivers), but with garbage being displayed on the upper few lines on my WinTV window.

I also checked out another download on viahardware.com. The 4-way memory interleaving. This increased my memory performance 15 percent, but I think it is interfering with my USB devices. I'll have to get back on that one.
              P=I^2*R
              Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Working...
              X