Enabling OpenGL extensions in RTCW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling OpenGL extensions in RTCW

Very simple... use a hex editor, search for matrox in the main program, and change one letter, for example to aatrox. Now unless you're using an Aatrox G400 you'll be able to turn the extensions back on, although I didn't see much difference one way or the other.

But does the G400 actually have those (special) extensions??? If not, (most probable) it´s of no use.

Comment

It would appear so. I switched back and forth and it does run better and look a lot better with extensions turned on.

Comment

It seems that a future patch from the Gray Matter guys will fix this, and also fix an occasional stuttering on G400 cards. Don´t know if a future driver release from Matrox will address this first...

Comment

I just tried that way... Well, i have G450 and the latest NT4.0 drivrers. When glextensions on there are very annoying bugs such as texture skips and low light triangles. And all of that flashes, so the game is absolutely unplayable. But FPS in MP increased 1.5-2 times!
          So, if it's all ok at G400, i don't understand where the bug - G400 & G450 use the same ICD I thought.

Comment

I'm using the 6.81 drivers too, that might make a difference.

Comment

Working...
            X