Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally ditched my SoundBlaster Live and got a real soundcard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally ditched my SoundBlaster Live and got a real soundcard.

Having owned an ADAT multitrack studio a few years ago I decided I couldn't stand the sound of the Live any longer. Plus, it just didn't seem to make sense to have a recording chain that consisted of Neuman TLM 193 mic to TL Audio Valve mic pre to Soundblaster Live. It didn't really matter until I started getting paying jobs, I finally decided that it was time to upgrade my overdub quality.

Well, what did I buy?

The M-Audio Delta 66. 4 Analog channels in/out plus two digital channels in/out. This board is great. No fat in the installation software, no gimmicks, no eq, no 3d, no game stuff, just stable software and great sound. Also, it has a break out box that makes patching so nice.

In addition, it has a hardware mixer so I don't need an outboard mixer for multitracking. Great product, I recommend it if you are serious.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

That's some neat stuff, Hulk. But you mention something about a hardware mixer? I went to the m-audio website, and I only see the card and a 4-in/4-out breakout box.

Did you mean it was easy to patch in an external mixer?

Comment

The GINA24 is also a very nice "real" sound card. I've had one in the audio workstation for some time now and REALLY like it.

An interesting sound card comparator can be found here;

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 December 2001, 11:00.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, a mixer.

In control panel there is a M-Audio application that allows you to configure the input and output assignment of each input and output of the card, as well as a monitor mixer. Download the read the manual and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Better yet, read the reviews linked to the M-Audio site, they are very good.

I did check out the Echo Audio stuff, but the reviews mentioned above thought the M-Audio sounded a bit better, both are great of course! Also, the monitor mixer feature was a plus for me.

Mark
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
        X