You What ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You What ??

I noticed on teletext that the police arrested any 80 year gentleman after he drove the wrong way down the fast lane of the motorway. Three cars crashed luckily with only minor injuries resulting.
    The police released the driver without charge.
    Sorry chaps you shouldn't have next time he could kill a lot of people.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

He kept his licence?!?
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

It seems so. Typical Police they've got no grey matter at times.
      They should have written out an advertisement for his car for him taken his keys, his license, canceled his insurance and driven him home. The car should remain locked away.
      Whether the people injured want to sue or not is another matter that we'll never know.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I remember a Driver awareness lesson at school, we had a police officer come in. He used to do the Senior citizen driver testing until the govt. shut that section down in their wisdom

He had an old guy come in early one morning. His test was booked for 3pm in the afternoon and he was there before about 8am. The old guy grumbled and complained, as the morning wasn't that busy the Policeman took him for his annual test.
        Mistake number one, the old guy couldn't get the key to work in his drivers lock and became very frustrated, the problem was resolved when the officer pointed out the old guy was trying to unlock the door to the patrol car.

After finally entering the gentleman’s car, the police officer noticed that the car was a stick shift manual. The older gentleman had tea cups stuck to each of the three pedals.
        He had shrunk in his senior years and used his two walking sticks to operate the accelerator, brake and clutch.

I can't remember the details of the drive, however the Gentleman was not very happy to discover his licence would not be renewed nor was he allowed to drive home.

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

It also brings up another interesting point. When you know your parents are dangerous behind the wheel because of there age should you stop them from driving?
          If a friend was drunk in a pub you'd take his keys off him or persuade him to take a taxi. Somehow being your parent it seems to make it very hard for the people to do it.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X