Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti200 cooling

Hi!

I recently bought an Geforce 3 Ti200 and it has a thermal sensor built onto the PCB which measure internal GPU temperature.

When I run it without overclocking it has a stable temp of 47C under load. (Playing Wolfenstein high detail for about an hour)

I can overclock it to 230/520 and the temp rises to 53C.

So I bought a Crystalorb cooler and mounted that on the PCB. I have however not seen a decrease in tempertature at all! This thing has a 6600 RPM fan and a copper base! I all reviews I have read about it, temp decreased from between 5-10 degrees overclocked or under heavy load.

I did not apply new thermal grease to the GPU or Crystalorb. There was plenty on there allready to just attach the Crystalorb.

Do you think I would gain anything from using Arctic Silver? Is this even recommended on GPU's. Or is it only for use with processors?

Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Jake
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

I doubt using Artic Silver will make any difference and if it makes any only very little !

The way to go would be to apply some more case cooling, because not matter how good a cooler you use it can't make any differences if it only has hot air to work with !
    You could try to remove one side from the case and see if it has any effect at all !
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I'm curious about why you want to overclock your card already?

I just got a new system almost exactly like yours (same video, processor, and mobo). It runs every game I have with all visual settings at max without the need to overclock anything.

What applications do you have that require more power from the video card?
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

HardOCP overclocked the Ti200 <a href="http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/vidcards/nvidia/gf3ti200_gf2ti/index5.html">successfully</a> -- with <a href="http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/vidcards/nvidia/gf3ti200_gf2ti/hs_gf3ti200.jpg">no fan</a>.

Comment

Working...
        X