SideWinder under W2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SideWinder under W2K

I decided to plug in my old, rarely used, SideWinder Precision Pro under W2KAS. I was able to add the device using the "Gaming Options" control but the latest controller software won't install without an error. I hunted down a message through MSFT's knowledgebase which confirmed this. Does anybody know if MSFT still doesn't support the controller SW under W2K? Any other recommendations? I suppose it isn't much of a loss as I only relied on the drivers the few times I did use the controller.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

do you have service pack 2 installed.. if you don't, install SP2 and try again.
    <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
    VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
    Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
    128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
    Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
    Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
    Windows 2000 (primary)
    Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

Yep ... SP2 is applied.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I use my precision pro under w2k (pro) all the time. I have never installed the software though, it just detects it automatically and it works. I have no need for the "profile" crap that the software provides.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

There can be a problem if you use it on some soundcards joystick adaptor. You dont need that profiles stuff...

I had the problem where it would flash between 'detected - not connected'

I had to manually configure it as a 4 bttn joystick with rudder/throttle

the solution from MSFt (though I cant do it) - use it in USB mode....

I cant find the link, but it was documented on msft knowlege base.

redred
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
          X