LOTR Countdown!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR Countdown!!

8 hours 42 minutes until my Midnight showing!

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

6 hours, 41 minutes until 12:01. I'll be there early, with my pre-purchased tickets in hand.

The kicker? The local awesome theater (Carmike) which has stadium seating and digital surround on curved screens... is in a township where it's illegal for teenagers to be out after 2am... therefore no PG-13 movies can play after midnight, or some such.

So they wanted to run a 10PM show, but New Line said no way.

*sigh*

So now I have to go see it at the mall.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

1:25 minutes here, but I got no tickets

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

As much as I'm itching to see the movie, there's no way I'm going tomorrow. I hate lines, crowds, etc. with a passion. I'll probably go to the sunday matinee instead...
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I agree, Andrew.. (if you really think Sunday will be any better )

I'm going Saturday (I hope) when I go down to Houston, so I don't have to see it in our Godawful crummy local theaters. You wouldn't believe how bad they are. I haven't seen a movie here for about 3 years. The next to the last time I went I was going to see The Fifth Element, and the sound was so screwed up you couldn't understand what anyone was saying. I actually gave them another chance though, and was treated to a picture that was completely out of focus except for a little circle in the very center of the screen. Never again. I've heard some awful stories about those theaters since then, too. Someone got food poisoning from their popcorn because the skanky scumbag at the counter was scooping the stuff with his dirty bare hands. There is no heat or air conditioning either, and I've heard horror stories about that too.

Comment

We're getting a bunch of engineers to play hookie from work, and go at 3PM. Hopefully we'll avoid crowds that way.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I really wanna see it too, but I will wait until fri nite or sat, as I hate the big line scene as well. Been waiting a while, another day or so won't kill me. Might maim me, but I will pull thru
              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Got tickets for Thursday night =) Can't wait!

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

So any reviews yet? EA? Gurm? How was it? Did it live up to expectations?

Comment

Yes tell better still take a video camera into the cinema as it probably won't be released here for another 6 months or so.

Only just getting shrek now

Dan
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

and still no word????? How was it!?!?!?!?!?!

-D
                      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

The film was very good considering that you can't make it as good as the book.

If you have read the book the movie gets 4/5

If you haven't read the book it gets 5/5

Comment

After seeing it twice now, I give it an easy 9+/10!!

Scenery and acting are superb! It has some humor. It has some great fight scenes!

The only thing it was really lacking was pointed out by my wife who hasn't read the books since jr. high. The characters aren't really developed at all. If you've read the book you just know who the people are, whereas in the movie they are all kindof thrown into the mix.

It didn't bother me, but may mother some.

Go see it!!

amish
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Turning a book into a movie is a very difficult task, but mr Jackson has pulled of an amazing job. He didn't stray to far from the book.

The atmosphere is just fantastic, and just as Amish said, the acting is very good.

Comment

T-minus 2.5 hours and counting until I gets to see my preeeeeeesciousssssssss.....

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X